Thread: Social Media

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Facebook is used as a marketing tool but i think it will be better if it is used just as a sharing information platform rather than a social marketing tool.
    I agree that its about sharing information (which makes it a marketing tool). That's why I like to make my Facebook page hook into an RSS feed of blog posts, and combine that with occasional humor posts etc.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It's not just enough to have a Facebook page. You've got to create and post interesting and engaging content. This goes for Facebook, this goes for Twitter and blogs, too. Get people talking or interacting with you, and you'll generate interest and see customers show up.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by theshaynee View Post
    I've found that utilizing Facebook as well as Twitter and other outlets is incredibly effective with marketing online. But one of the best social media venues is Reddit. It's growing leaps and bounds over other outlets so it's definitely where you want your popularity to grow. Facebook pages are effective but recent research shows that people are leaving the social media giant in large groups. So it's fading slowly but surely. Twitter is popular but you need a pretty decent following.
    With Reddit, good content will get you noticed.
    I disagree. With sites like reddit, the majority of users are against being force fed advertisements, and if you attempt to advertise to them or even attempt to trick them into being advertised to, when they call you out on it, it can destroy your business. You'll get tons of people boycotting it, and their crowdsourced information will spread bad word about your business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Lots of stage for promoting our business through social activity.

Facebook
    LinkedIn
    YouTube
    PIN INTE

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tried LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, or StumbleUpon. These social networking sites are also rapidly growing in popularity. Tumblr is especially popular with younger people. I think it is great how many free social media outlets there are for encouraging business growth.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Reddit is actually a good site if you want some quality and legit information on things around the world. I love how it was conceptualized and I'm sad for the death of the founder of it. He was gone too soon.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    Has anyone tried LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, or StumbleUpon. These social networking sites are also rapidly growing in popularity. Tumblr is especially popular with younger people. I think it is great how many free social media outlets there are for encouraging business growth.
    I just know about Pinterest and LinkedIn. I think they are both great for certain audiences, but different niches do well with each.

Pinterest works well for "mommy blogs," lifestyle/living, crafts, wedding stuff, anything food related, etc.

LinkedIn is a more "professional" network for different types of business, such as graphic design, consulting services, etc.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Very true. I have found Reddit to be a great source of traffic. In fact, I posted something on Reddit over a month ago and am still gaining a steady steam of traffic from the post. Even though some people are viewing the post that I made as SPAM. When it actually was a great post on the different sleeping bags that you can find.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Honestly, I have gotten little success with reddit, is there a specific subreddit you use? I have a facebook page with over 10k likes and twitter account with 12k followers, and get quite a bit of advertising out of those websites. Reddit seems hard to utilize for advertising, in my opinion.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    facebook, twitter, googleplus and pinterest are best way of social technique.

Share on facebook