Thread: Door hangers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Generally speaking, I can't imagine the cost (both time and money) to benefit ratio is worth it for most small businesses. Maybe on initial launch, but as regular method, not so much so.

Another thing to really keep in mind is how common door hangers are in your area. Some rural areas they aren't real common so the consumer might check them out. On the other hand, I've seen some urban areas where getting your door festooned with hangers was a daily occurrence. Most people in those markets just tossed them without thinking about it.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

2. Collapse Details
    Those type methods do not work because they are gimmicks. No body is going to buy a product, or service because you put a logo on a foam hanger. Stop giving out foam hangers, and give out coupons. Coupons work every time, in my experience. You need to give the customer incentive. Something that stands out. Then you hope, and pray that you have won their business.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

3. Collapse Details
    Door hangers are annoying and intrusive. They show that you're trying to advertise to the people even when they don't want to be advertised to. Meanwhile, when they're out driving and see a sign for $5 pizza, they're likely to go for it because they were already wanting food, and it just stirred up a spur of the moment response.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I don't agree with most of the responses here except that you need to know your target customer.

Print media is not dead.

It's actually making a comeback as small companies and start ups are realizing the value of print in establishing their brand.

A door hanger is physical and tangible. Unlike email and online ads, customers have it in thier hands and have to do something with it...even if it's tossing it in the "circular file".
    If I'm looking for a roofer and find a roofing flyer on my door, then I don't have a reason to go on Craigslist to see the competition, especially if it has a coupon or special attached.

If I don't need a roofer, then I won't be looking online for one either.

My opinion us to use your marketing budget to smartly target customers with an array of marketing strategies online and offline in order to BRAND your business.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Depending on the service, door hangers can be a way of eagle vision targeting leads. A good example of this is a painting company I used to canvass for. Whilst canvassing, you can spot which houses are in need of a painting service and can prove to be more effective, with skill, than a broad internet marketing campaign. The cons are that it is labor intensive and time exhaustive. To epitomize, if it can be done, I don't see a reason why the right approach to an internet marketing campaign wouldn't be the most effective means of advertising a service, however depending on the industry methods such as canvassing can still currently be used effectively.

Share on facebook