Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Door hangers

Thread: Door hangers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Door hangers
    I remember a few years ago trying to start a business with my family. We made a ton of those foam door hanger things and printed our logo and business hours on it. All we ended up getting was a prank call. Why do you think certain advertising strategies work and others, like door hangers, don't?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think door hangers only work if you put coupons on them. Also, it depends on the type of business hanging them. Door hangers are a bit "old school". I killer website and word of mouth is the best advertisement.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Door hangers could work in a region where a lot of students live. Also print special promotions on the door hanger, maybe even a list of the items you have. People tend to throw away stuff that is just promotional so try to make it something more. Maybe even something useful and funny.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Door hangers and door-to-door flyering are sort of the physical equivalent to spam in your email. I would say the only exception is in college towns and urban areas with lots of apartment complexes- places where people aren't in the habit of breaking out a phone book or doing a google search to find what they're looking for.

I agree with AlvinsGiftsDis's comment above. THe door hanger method is fairly out of date....Go viral, it might seem like a burden now, but it's so much more than worth it.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MLeoCasas View Post
    Door hangers and door-to-door flyering are sort of the physical equivalent to spam in your email. I would say the only exception is in college towns and urban areas with lots of apartment complexes- places where people aren't in the habit of breaking out a phone book or doing a google search to find what they're looking for.

I agree with AlvinsGiftsDis's comment above. THe door hanger method is fairly out of date....Go viral, it might seem like a burden now, but it's so much more than worth it.
    That's pretty accurate. I don't think people find those things to be too appealing. It seems like a major waste of money and time if you ask me. I definitely think you're better off doing online marketing. For some local businesses, you might be able to hang up flyers on bulletin boards and in local stores, but it kind of depends on the type of business that you are running.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think some methods are just a little too informal to be taken seriously, and even though that may not turn out to be a universal perspective, it usually entails a majority one. People are often quick to judge a business by what type of advertising they choose to buy into, and door hangers might just be one of those methods that the masses collectively deemed not to be taken too seriously and hence the prank calls. To be fair, though, I'd think that even the ones who have their ads on the local newspaper got their fair share of prank calls too just because people were a lot more bored back then.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You have to provided a deal with door hangers, and you should know what kind of customer you'll get from each door. Targeted areas are good for this kind of promotion, and I'd over saturate them---make sure they KNOW your name, and like your deal. But if you don't do your homework, you'll waste money and time hanging doors that have no one who'd care living behind them. It's not too hard to learn who lives in a neighborhood, and you should be comfortable that the people living in that neighborhood are going to be receptive to your campaign.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MLeoCasas View Post

Definitely agree with this. Recently went cold calling for one of my businesses for the first time and could tell straight away it was an outdated method. I think a lot of people feel an invasion of privacy or something along those lines. Websites and word of mouth is at the top of scale when it comes to advertising now in my opinion.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    For what it's worth, I've never once taken more than a glance at door hangers or flyers. It's an annoyance, and could actually hurt your company's reputation. It's simply not worth the labour costs, especially when there are so many better options.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Advertising is all about grabbing the attention of the general public. The advertisement in order to succeed needs to be attractive and must be able to convey information to the audience without taking much of their time. Some modes like billboards, etc are very popular and have been around since advertising itself. Now people are innovating and developing new modes of outdoor advertising in terms of door hangers, etc which are not being met with decent amount of success. The main reason here that sometimes they are too complicated for the average person to process.

Share on facebook