Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    We live in a time where people and businesses are connected differently than in the past. Nowadays distance doesn't mean much; information travels fast and so do the goods. Take a product made up from many parts as an example. Some are made in one country, others in another and finally they could be assembled in the mother country. The result, a cheaper product. At this point we can argue about the lost jobs but try to imagine the number of people getting a product at a cheaper price thus spending less money on it and getting to spend the rest on other stuff thus leading a better peaceful life.

Watch this clip from the movie The Network (1976), fits perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxiT30N6ti4 and remember: "The world is a business..."

I'll say: no. Outsourcing is not bad.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    We live in a time where people and businesses are connected differently than in the past. Nowadays distance doesn't mean much; information travels fast and so do the goods. Take a product made up from many parts as an example. Some are made in one country, others in another and finally they could be assembled in the mother country. The result, a cheaper product. At this point we can argue about the lost jobs but try to imagine the number of people getting a product at a cheaper price thus spending less money on it and getting to spend the rest on other stuff thus leading a better peaceful life.

Watch this clip from the movie The Network (1976), fits perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxiT30N6ti4 and remember: "The world is a business..."

I'll say: no. Outsourcing is not bad.
    I think outsourcing is good for the world as a whole. It is a force which is starting to partially "spread" money around the world and help establish and develop some weak economy countries and underdeveloped parts of the world.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing is a win win if both parties are committed to their objective. Which is to do a good job and be fairly compensated for work that has been Done per the instructions of employer.I for one think outsourcing over seas especially for consumer service is a bad idea.There are plenty of people here in the states with a desire and home office willing and happy to work. Speaking broken English isn't what people want to deal with when they need assistance with a problem.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing can be good or bad depending on many factors. I have known people who have outsourced to people who claimed were experts and then gt everything messed up. So it is not a sure shot thing as many a times, the person who gets to do the task is not much clear on - rules, requirements or even skills.

I think, outsourcing is still needed and despite the failed ones which are too less in numbers, it is all good for the economy. Agreed, it deprives some of the local people from getting jobs, but then, I see is as a healthy competition.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySidy View Post
    Outsourcing can be good or bad depending on many factors. I have known people who have outsourced to people who claimed were experts and then gt everything messed up. So it is not a sure shot thing as many a times, the person who gets to do the task is not much clear on - rules, requirements or even skills.

I think, outsourcing is still needed and despite the failed ones which are too less in numbers, it is all good for the economy. Agreed, it deprives some of the local people from getting jobs, but then, I see is as a healthy competition.
    This is the reason why I would never outsource any kind of difficult task. Its simply too risky to give it to someone you know little about.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing is very good. What ever you need to get done if someone is willing to do it for a cheaper price somewhere else why not get them to do it?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing can be good if you know what you are doing. I think it's better if you check the background of whoever that you are outsourcing from, have a check on their reputation, experiences, and credibility to see if they are truly as good as they claimed to be. If you do it right you can save a lot on how much you are allocating for those that work for you. Companies usually save more on money if they outsourcing talents from foreign countries with a lower currency exchange rate.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing is a great way to save money. When you need some copy written or a few admin things taken care of its a great method to just get the job done without taking on another employee on your payroll. If you are finding this person online make sure to use a accredited site that does background checks.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Having to take on a brand new employee for one task or outsource it for a one time fee? I think the decision is easy ; outsourcing is used all over the world to get the cheapest prices which (I hope) is passed onto the consumer ; go for it but just make sure that the people you are outsourcing to are actually qualified and know what they are doing or you could end up with a real mess on your hands.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Yes, outsourcing is good as it reduces software development cost.

Share on facebook