Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    Like already mentioned the first thing to do is to calculate costs. I would NOT factor your own labour into these costs. Then when you have the costs, you also need an idea of just how much they want to order. Then you can calculate what sort of markup you would need, at the minimum, to be comfortable with the amount of money you are making from this deal.

Seeing as it's your first big order I'd be willing to sell it for a very low markup if necessary, this deal is very important for getting exposure for your product.
    Agreed with this. This opportunity is not just about the money but also the opportunity to have your products become available to a large audience!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think it might be best to look at how much the spa can potentially sell it for and then just price your bulk sales with a good enough discount that would still give you both enough profits to keep both your business and the spa happy. As long as your own profits will surpass the amount of cost, effort, and time put into it, then I'd say that would be a good place to start. Also, it might be advisable to foresee as early as now what future changes you'd possibly make if this relationship takes, so you'd have the right amount you could save up from your current asking price to put in to future extra machinery or workforce. Congratulations on your company's current achievement and best wishes for its future.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I also have the same question, But I do custom graphics on t-shirts ,other apparel and gifts. I would like to be able to give bulk discounts but am not sure how to go about it. We are charging well above what it costs us to buy and make the product. I had a lady today order 6 caps with embroidery, 8 tank tops with custom designs, a Onesie and a toddler T- shirt with custom designs. With Tax it came to like over 300.00 But she ordered so much I feel like its maybe a bulk purchace?? So I'm not sure.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    That depends on how unique the products that you have in the store are. For example, if you have consumer goods then you definitely need to monitor the prices of competitors. But there are also online shops with unique products, such as novelty street for example, where very rare and interesting gifts that have no analogs are being sold. In this case, you can put the price that you prefer.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Wholesale Price = Total Cost Price + Profit Margin.
    Total Cost Price = Variable Cost of the Product + (( Overhead Expenses + Administrative costs) /Number of Units )

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Total Cost Price = Variable Cost of the Product + (( Overhead Expenses + Administrative costs) /Number of Units )

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Pricing is a complicated steps. You need to consider a lot of factors to get a better price. - Paul Savramis

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    If you want to establish an online ordering system, then you need to download the application for this. We all know that now online sales are much more profitable, there is no need to rent help for shops, etc. But now we need to develop online pages, this is also difficult. So I decided to just download the SAAVI app and host my business.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Now consider the main principle in business as the more bulk you buy, the less it is per individual product.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Of course you can afford to give them a quantity discount given that your admin, marketing and "general messing around with communications and paperwork" time has just been reduced relative to quantity of product sold. Congratulations on getting your first big order, and hope there will be many more to come!

Share on facebook