Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I have a corner of my main room dedicated as my workspace. Unfortunately I am unable to have the computer in that spot, but otherwise it is self contained. I use to computer to fire emails back and forth, but it is not directly required while I work. I like being able to grab something off the shelf or out of the filing cabinet without having to step away from my work zone. In this way I feel that when I am at my desk, I am 100% focused on working and not getting distracted (as I am prone to do) by all of other things going on. I live alone, so it helps having no other people to interrupt me.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I came across this challenge previously as a telecommuter for my 9-5 corporate job. Even though it was great not having to commute to the office, I still had to juggle work/ personal life and find necessary balance. Transitioning from corporate to a work at home entrepreneur, more than ever boundaries are established. I stick to a schedule and routine from sun up to sun down. I'm not working my business all that time but my family know at what time I am working vs. attending to their needs. It's helpful to have "office" space in order to really get away and focus on the task at hand. For everyone it will be different due to circumstances. But boundaries is a MUST.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I found out recently that it's best if you set your home office apart from places where you can slack off. Not long ago I use my own room as my office, and it's hard to get myself to focus and concentrate on the job when there's a bed just next to me. And keep yourself away from television as well. Well, unless your work need you to be up to date on news or certain channel. But one more the benefits of working at home is you actually get more inspiration if your job involves writing. Walking around, doing laundries, checking on what the kids are doing, then the ideas and inspiration just keep coming in!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I do agree that working from home requires boundaries. For me, I have a room that is set aside as the home office. During working hours, I would hang a sign on the outside of the door that says, “I’m working! Please knock before entering.” As such, I'm able to concentrate on my work without much distractions from my family members.

I also keep to a 9 to 5 schedule, much like office hours. In my opinion, that is the toughest boundary to obey, since working from home makes it easier for you to work throughout the day. You should definitely spend time away from work with your family and friends.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Great way to post out the pros and cons of having a home-based business! I definitely agree with your post.

People should really be aware that it may be good to save on some rent, however, it may mess with your personal life. It is very important to send boundaries. Personal life should be separated from how you do work, however, people have a problem of having it intertwine.

Share on facebook