Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
When Do You Know That Enough Is Enough? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It's interesting how starting a business produces so much excitement in the initial stages; however after a while or at a certain point it begins to feel like a real business with all of the ups and downs that come with owning a business. I think if one gets to the point where they feel completely drained from running a business, either because of a lack of funds or if they're just burned out on it then maybe it is time to look at some other options like working for someone else for a while until another interesting idea or business venture comes along.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think it's safe to call it quits when the projected losses, whether it be concerning effort/manpower or capital grow too far apart when compared to projected gains. It's important not to get too attached to these things and see them for what they are which is just a profit generating structure, meaning it doesn't really matter how much you love the business or how much you are interested in a certain niche. If it ceases to work and be an effective tool, then it is important to keep in mind that you have to eventually move on sooner or later.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru View Post
    I think it's safe to call it quits when the projected losses, whether it be concerning effort/manpower or capital grow too far apart when compared to projected gains. It's important not to get too attached to these things and see them for what they are which is just a profit generating structure, meaning it doesn't really matter how much you love the business or how much you are interested in a certain niche. If it ceases to work and be an effective tool, then it is important to keep in mind that you have to eventually move on sooner or later.
    I would add to this, when it starts interfering with your real life. The huge amounts of stresst and effect on your family budget. When you get to the point you will get to indebted its time to quit.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by her27 View Post
    It's interesting how starting a business produces so much excitement in the initial stages; however after a while or at a certain point it begins to feel like a real business with all of the ups and downs that come with owning a business.
    That's the best part for me, when your business finally comes to fruition. And you can sit back knowing that it was built only from an idea, or a thought. Amazing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    If you have no pleasure in what you're doing, then it's time to call it quits. It doesn't matter if you're making money or not. If you don't enjoy what you're doing, then it's best to move on and try another business because your attitude determines whether you'll succeed or not.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Never believe anyone that says that quitting is a shameful or cowardly thing---I think it can be quite the opposite, as long as you are doing it with your eyes wide open. Some things are not for you, or are not working out, and there is nothing you can do about it. You can always kick the dead horse, but unless you know you can find a new way to make the business profitable, it's better to just accept that the horse is well and truly dead, and find a new one. Don't even be disheartened---quitting is a decision you should make longer after your emotions have dried up on the topic, so you can see clearly and operate based on logic. Good luck in your next venture!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you are speaking from personal experiences and your own point of view, it must be a hard time for you. Get a hold of yourself man. If you have a family, I think it's better to seek alternative incomes to support yourself and them with what you currently have instead of pouring them all on your current business, hoping that it will become profitable in the future. I mean sure, if it DO becomes profitable, then it's very good and all, but what if it actually leaves you in debts? If you have a family I think it's unwise to let everyone lead a hard life.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Hello there, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope you managed to somehow defeat all the odds and came out a winner. Personally, it is really hard to quit when you have pretty much invested everything into your business. It is literally another set of entity that is extremely meaningful to you. Undoubtedly, hope will remain; we will hope that our business will turn out to be alright. I'd like to quote Nietzsche for this scenario, "Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man".
    My only advice would be to trust your guts. Once it tells you to quit, follow it and do not dwell on the past failures; you can start fresh and hopefully you will think of a greater business idea. I know this is easier said than done, but I do hope you could turn your business around.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Usually, when you don't make a profit out of it, you should quit and look towards something else. But when it's you own work, I know what it feels like. You should, however, be careful. Passion can bring you a lot of money, but it can also ruin you. Be careful and don't exaggerate.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    When you're a small business owner , you're always fighting for the success of business! You care more than anyone about its profitability and its future! Once you lose that care and that hope, you might want to look at exiting in a way that you lose the least amount of money.

Share on facebook