Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone Making Money on Amazon?
    Amazon has a HUGE affiliate program that pays up to 10% commissions, depending on the type of products you are promoting. However, there are a lot of online complaints from people suggesting that communicating with their various affiliate support centers is difficult and frustrating. There are also complaints regarding late or incorrect/short payouts. What are your thoughts on the Amazon Affiliate Program? Is there really big money to be made with this?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I really depends on how good you are about the program. I have never used the Amazon Affiliate Program, not to mention making money off it. I do see some people have used it and have made some money but depending on how well you know about the program and how hard you work to promote it. I think it is a good idea that people have thought about making money online because it sure is an alternative to earn extra cash, well, if you know how.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I have been a member of the Amazon affiliate program for 6 months. To date I have not made a dime using it but I have seen clicks. Getting a click to a product is the easy part but 90% of potential buyers are not ready to buy right away. I have tried using article sites such as EzineArticles, Squidoo, and my own websites to advertise specific Amazon products so far but with minimal payout. I imagine that if you have a very specific niche website dedicated to a specific category of products and write reviews for those specific products, then you could probably see a profit from it. I have not dealt with Amazon much on the phone or seen any false reporting so I cannot comment on those complaints. Good luck! It never hurts to try it out.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I agree with Jen V. It doesn’t hurt to try it out. I am going to sign up right now, 10% could potentially add up to a nice chunk of change. People (especially online) are quick to post negative feedback while doing reviews of a business or service. Amazon has always come across as an honest and straight forward company so I don’t foresee any problems with getting paid. I believe that the more companies you work with the greater your chance of turning a profit become.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The problem is exactly what Jen said, people will not buy it straight away even if they like it. For example for me: if I find something I like on amazing I add it to my wishlist and then maybe buy it later.

Affiliate marketing is good if you have a very specific niche, preferably something where products are not that easy to find. However in most cases it's a waste of time.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Very Interesting information!
    Well I am glad that I cam across this forum as there is great detailed information regarding Amazon. I always wonder if it would be a good idea to start selling on Amazon. I will have to do more research and then make a decision. Thanks for all the great infomation!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Amazon can actually be a great affiliate network to promote, and your earnings can add up quickly despite the relatively low commission rates. The site has excellent name recognition - most people have heard of Amazon and trust the company - so your customers will often choose to buy from them rather than from a vendor they don't know. Since people can buy such a wide range of different products from them, you often find yourself earning commission for completely unrelated items that your customer added to her basket while on the site. Amazon also always pay their affiliates - in contrast to certain other affiliate programs that delay or trim payouts. One disadvantage, especially for international affiliates, is that you can't get paid via Paypal, but they do offer several other options including Western Union.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I agree with you, Oregano! I am an Amazon Affiliate for several years and while I can't receive payments through Paypal (as I am not from the US) it is still a great way to earn money. International affiliates should be aware that it may take anywhere from 1 week to a month until you receive a check from Amazon. Also, it will take another 20-45 days from the moment you took the check to your bank to when the money is actually in your bank account. I have gone through this several times and I had times when I received my money 75 days after Amazon sent it!

Amazon is great because you could have a website about interior decoration and have books and other products advertising in your sidebar that lead to Amazon and someone might click and end up buying something totally unrelated. I get this all the time. People might click a link for a child's book and end up buying aromatherapy items and a shovel. It's all good because the money ads up and with each product sold you could potential get a higher commission on all sold items that month. What I mean is that when you sell between 1-6 products in a month you get a 4% commission. If you sell 7-30 items you receive 6% and so on. Here is the Amazon page where you can actually see the whole compensation plan -> https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...pensation.html

It takes a while to get to a 7% commission but when you have a good number of visitors on your site this is bound to happen. Making money with Amazon is not in any way easy or simple. It's just that you are sending people to a renown provider that they already know about and it's like they're in a candy store: they don't know what else to put in their basket! Even I who know about this can't help it when I'm on the Amazon site! They are doing such a good job in grouping products together and putting more products in your face that you are bound to buy a couple items when you are on their website.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I Am Not Making Much Money!
    I will tell you what just happened to me. I haven't made a penny with this program but this morning I checked my emails to find out that Amazon has paid me royalties for advertising affiliate products. I didn't even know they would do this. I won't ever give up on selling a few products because there was a time when I could have sold something but for some strange reason that day the person that was trying to make a purchase could not get the link to work. Lucky me! So I will keep on pushing and I am happy to learn that Amazon is concerned about people like me that advertises all the time using their links on my blogs, social media networks, and website. Check out this girl named Lisa Irby on Youtube. Do a search for how to make money with Amazon's affiliate program. She gives details about how she makes money with them. Of course she's been at this for over 10 years.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I was unaware of this as well. That is interesting. I haven't made anything from being an affiliate to date, but I will admit, I haven't put much effort into it. There is a lot of competition, and I don't think that I've even clicked through an Amazon ad and purchased from an affiliate. I usually Google what I want or search directly on Amazon. However, I do follow a blog called Hip2Save.com and she posts great Amazon offers frequently. I'm sure she makes plenty off of those, because I have bought many things from there. They weren't traditional ads though. She writes posts about a specific product that is on Amazon for a ridiculously low price, and people jump on it until it sells out.

Share on facebook