Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the great information in regards to Amazon. I know nothing comes easy and you have to work hard at it or it just won't pay what you want. I am a firm believer that you keep trying it will eventually pay off. Take one day at a time!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    The commission is pretty awful, but people trust the brand of Amazon so if you direct them there for a product they want, it's an easy sell. I made a blog post about a new book in my niche one time and made about 50 sales on it. I just wish the commission rate would go up a little.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

3. Collapse Details
    I have been using Amazon Association program on my web site since spring 2012. I still remember how excited when I sold the first item for Amazon, and then only found out it made me 13 cents in commission lol...

Overall, the program has been working fine for me. It is bringing around 1/3 to half of my web site's revenue. Only in the past a few months I was able to sell enough items to reach the 6.5% commission. You have to understand that the commission rate reset back to 4% every month. You can only reach higher rate by selling more items. I believe 8.5% is the highest you can achieve and it requires over 3,000 items sold every month to get it. The 10% commission only applies to game download if I remember correctly.

The biggest weakness of Amazon Association program is its short cookie period. It only last about 24 hours. So if someone click on your link but decided to buy 24 hours later, you will earn no commission. Statistics show that at least half the buyers will decide on the purchase after 24 hours. (That's show how cheap Amazon is lol). Most other affiliation programs have cookies last anywhere from at least 7 days to 90 days. Some of them even have 180 days or longer cookies. Amazon could get away with the shortest cookie on this planet because they are confident in their own reputation. Consumers trust them, and they sell almost everything.

The good part about Amazon is what I just said... they sell everything. So even if the visitors who have clicked on your affiliation links bought something else other than the products you try to promote, you still earn commission.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Obviously if you get a lot of people to your site, you are going to earn more money with the affiliate program. If you don't get many visitors then you won't make as much money. It's simple math. You can't expect to make a lot of money without putting in a decent amount of work building up to the point where you would be able to make money.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I didn't know amazon was still doing an affiliate program, I'm pretty sure they stopped it for a little while. I used to be an affiliate with amazon years ago, and it made me a couple of bucks, not much by far, but back then I didn't have the knowledge I have today. I'm sure there are other affiliate programs that pay more, but amazon has more to sell, so it depends on what niche you're picking up on. If you know a lot about internet marketing, advertising, have technical skills/programming skills, pick the right niche, and have a little bit of luck, you can probably do pretty well with it.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I really wish I could create an Amazon store.

I am an avid home cook and baker, and I would love to set up a website with an Amazon store. I would pick out all of my favorite ingredients, cookware, cookbooks, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't do it because I live in North Carolina, and Amazon doesn't deal with people in my state. I think it has something to do with taxes.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaKay View Post
    I really wish I could create an Amazon store.

I am an avid home cook and baker, and I would love to set up a website with an Amazon store. I would pick out all of my favorite ingredients, cookware, cookbooks, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't do it because I live in North Carolina, and Amazon doesn't deal with people in my state. I think it has something to do with taxes.
    Amazon store isn't what successful affiliates use to make money from Amazon Association program.
    Most people who have made money from this program have been using product keywords hyperlinked with Amazon links. To be able to do this successfully, you need to write good articles about the products and make sure to call for action. All the other methods including building so called Amazon Store or throw a few banners around will not earn you much money if any at all.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I've been an Amazon Affiliate for about 6 months. I can't really say anything about their affiliate support, since I haven't reached payout yet. However, I've managed to earn about $5 so far with a blog that has about 1,000 visitors a day. Not much, but it's a start. If I'm not wrong, anyone who clicks on my amazon affiliate link has a cookie stored for a few hours. Anyone who purchased a product on Amazon even after leaving my blog will earn me a commission. As such, I would say it's definitely worth giving Amazon a try.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have had a technology blog with a lot of traffic every day. I put Amazon links on my blog that were related to the products I was talking about and it made me a lot of money. I sold the blog a few years ago because I didn't have time to write blogs and come up with nice articles anymore. But if you have the traffic for it, Amazon affiliate program is a great way to make some extra money. Don't expect to make a living advertising stuff but it sure helps.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I've just setup my blog which is pretty much a deals blog, wont be fully setting it on automatic until a few final things are finished, but it's an extra bit of income, plus I've got adsense hooked onto it as well so theres a bit more of a income coming out of the site when it fully launchs.

Share on facebook