Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    As an affiliate, do you sell physical products or digital downloads?
    There are so many opportunities to build a business around affiliate marketing these days that it can be hard to choose what exactly to promote. If you're active as an affiliate, do you prefer to sell physical goods, for example through Amazon or eBay, or do you do better with digital downloads such as ebooks, online courses or software? Is there any particular reason for your choice, and what do you find to be the pros and cons of each?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    As an affiliate, depending on the income, both products whether physical or digital are actually good. I am currently promoting, as an affiliate, physical products which are ordered in our country. I do not have much experience with digital products as it can be quite tricky and problematic. The problem for physical products is the legitimacy of the seller, there are fake ones out there and I have already been scammed when I bought a product online. For digital products, selling as an affiliate would be rather hard and may yield very little income.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I tried with physical products but I wasn't patient enough for it. I'm planning on going back to that though and putting more effort and time into it.
    Digital products and downloads are quicker and easier. It's more gratifying.
    I've looked into running a bit of a hybrid where I can utilize both. We'll see what works.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I don't think that you have to make a choice of either or. As an affiliate you can sell both, and make a good profit. I would try both, and see how it works for you.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I Sell Many Different Products - Digital and Physical
    It does not matter to me what I sell. As long as it fits into my niche and I know that it is a great product from a reputable source. I have a few websites and I sell anything from clothes, to wellness products, books electronic and physical books, electronics, children's items and even more. I love this way of selling and as long as I can find people interested in my products, then even if it's not my niche I will find buyers.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    As a affiliate, I think you have the choice either sell the physical portion or digital portion of the products because I think it is up to you to decide. I think it is always to have a backup method because if the physical portion doesn't work for you, then the digital portion is also a good consideration. Do whatever you think it is good for you, as long as they won't limit your choice of what products you can sell and what cannot be sold.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Like most of those who commented, I've had success selling both physical and digital products as an affiliate. However, I find that the %-age of your commissions are much higher selling digital products as compared to selling physical products. Just look at the commission rate for physical products on Amazon ... not that great, unless you can sell big-ticket Amazon products. And, I find that the refund rates are much higher with digital products as compared to physical products. So, there are advantages and disadvantages for each type of affiliate product.

For me, if I like the product, tested and used it and I truly feel it will help others, then I would market the <blank> out of it.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Personally, I like both. I haven't found that one sells more than another, and it's no extra work for me if I'm doing affiliate sales as opposed to flipping products. I don't think one over the other is more likely for people to compulsively buy, either, since both are just a click away.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have signed up with multiple affiliation programs which include Amazon Association, Commission Junction, LinkShare, and ClickBank. The only one has made me some money is Amazon Association program. I promote physical goods through inserting links manually into my articles. I simply hyperlink the product names I mentioned in my articles with affiliation links from Amazon.

However, you need to know that people don't always buy what you try to promote. Most items I have sold for Amazon were not even the products in my articles. It is a good thing with Amazon association program, once someone click on one of your affiliation links... they'd get lost on Amazon. Anything they buy will earn you commission... not just the items directly in your link. So there had been digital downloads as well amongst the items people bought through my links. The physical goods still made up the majority part of the sales so far.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I am an entertainment blogger who focuses primarily on writing about movies. As an affiliate I recommend products which can be bought on other site which offers the item. If I write a review about a movies that has been released on DVD, I add to three links [my affiliate links] to different sites. If the buyer decides to buy the product be it the DVD or a digital version of the movie [from any of the sites] then that's up to him/her. So since I don't sell the products/items myself, I can't say that I sell either digital or physical products. It all comes to down to the customers choice when they decide to buy the product.

Share on facebook