Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Organic results are everything!
    Before I sold my blog in February of 2012 I had spent a total amount of $0 on my marketing budget because I ranked on the first page of google for many related keywords. Has anyone started their blog with a marketing budget? Have you paid a company to work for you to get organic results and did it work?

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

2. Collapse Details
    It is always a good thing to have many content rank high for popular keywords in the SERP. It requires good content and decent backlinks to achieve high position in SERP. I don't really believe in any SEO service if that's what you mean by "paid a company to work for you to get organic results". Usually SEO services will spam your links and might temporarily bring in some referral traffic (which is not organic) and might temporarily raise your position in SERP, but most of them are worthless due to the fact they "spam". Long term result would be counter-productive since major search engines such as Google are likely to punish link spam by penalize your web site.

I did spend a little money on advertising my web site which is consisted of a blog and a forum. It's used on running a Facebook ad campaign.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Unless you have normal results, buying advertisement isn't going to help you in the long run. Advertisement can't fix something that is broken and the fact that people don't come to your blog or don't see your blog in the search results will probably mean that there is something broken about your blog.

I have used Google AdWords because I had a coupon for a large amount and did see the traffic increasing to 3 times the normal amount. I already had a large amount of visitors, if you have a lower amount of visitors, the increase will probably be higher.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Have you paid a company to work for you to get organic results and did it work?
    My answer is no, because when I started my first blog in 2010 I'm not aware of the companies that can help me market it (I'm a total noob ). Anyway, I created my first blog for fun and back then I mostly focus on writing original content, at least 1 post per week and before I knew it (after several months), traffic coming from search engines increased. Turns out my posts were keywords-rich and contributed to the increase in traffic. After that experience, I rely on SEO more than paid advertising to promote my sites. Though I still avail PPC advertising from time to time especially if I want immediate traffic.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by eppie View Post
    My answer is no, because when I started my first blog in 2010 I'm not aware of the companies that can help me market it (I'm a total noob ). Anyway, I created my first blog for fun and back then I mostly focus on writing original content, at least 1 post per week and before I knew it (after several months), traffic coming from search engines increased. Turns out my posts were keywords-rich and contributed to the increase in traffic. After that experience, I rely on SEO more than paid advertising to promote my sites. Though I still avail PPC advertising from time to time especially if I want immediate traffic.
    Yeah that happened to me too. I really started writing about MMA just for fun, I mean I got really obsessed with it. Before I knew it people started responding. For the love of the game man lol.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

6. Collapse Details
    Hmm, I envy you guys. You know what? I have 3 websites but they are generating 0 revenue. At most, one of my blogs receives 100 visitors. At low times, they receive only 5 visitors (which is the norm on my part). I'm a bit confused when it comes to using key words. Where should I put them? In my articles using tags? I'm finding it hard to rank high in the search engines. Sigh.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Keywords can be used as part of the title, or simply weaved into the body of your article. The trick is to use your keywords in the first paragraph of your article, somewhere in the middle and at the bottom/end of your article. Getting traffic from search engines is not dependent on the usage of the keywords. You need lots of back-links or if you don't have any [many people should share your article across social media networks].

My advice would be not to worry about getting search traffic. Concentrate on writing the sort of informative articles that answer specific questions. Helpful articles, visitors to your site can share with others. Establish yourself as an authority on a subject. Before you know it you'll start getting 'link-love.' With that comes higher rankings on search engines results pages whether or not you use SEO.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I agree. Building a site is great as a business because you don't need to put in as much capital as most startups and you can end up having a significantly priced product by the end when or if you decide to sell it. The only downside is that you'd have to spend a lot of time on it, and if you're alone on the project, you'd be tasked with all other requirements like designing and social media management. It's totally worth it, though, especially if you have a good niche topic.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have to disagree with some people in the forum and say that I feel that every business should be able to afford the cost of a client and lead. Even if it's adwords that you are using to promote your business. The Google search results are so fickle today that it's beyond your control. One of our site is completely White Hat , good content and has a great team of writers and research quality team.

But for some of our keyword terms Google has adds on the first 4 search results and 8 down the left hand side and two at the bottom. Then in the middle of the results it's dominated by Google places. Search marketing is now costing so much time and resources that it's is much cheaper for us to actually pay for advertisements and leads using adwords and display advertising. I see tons of companies coming to us and ask for SEO help , when in reality they need adwords PPC and Display help

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I make some money on Swagbucks and SimpltGPT for a little advertising money. I don't need a lot because you're right, it's all about organic traffic. You'll get way more traffic to your blog or website just by knowing and implementing SEO. It won't cost you anything if you do it by yourself, only some time studying it and putting it into action.

Share on facebook