Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    This is a very interesting discussion. I am working a pet project / hobby that will involve creating some YouTube content. I am doing it for the fun of it and to prove to myself that I can create quality educational content at home, but being able to monetize some of the traffic would be nice and I wonder if anyone here has had any experience in driving traffic to YouTube content as opposed to a blog or website?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Awesome Info!
    I feel like I just stepped out of a cave.... I kinds backed away and left when SEO was going crazy, been a few years now and you guys have so much information just on this thread. I am going to need a blog just to record it all.... So is it still holding true that you have to have your business all over the internet to get traffic or is it really about quality now? It use to be so simple to get on the top of search engines and now... now I am lost in the woods! Thank you all for your insight and knowledge, I will continue reading and sharing what bit I know!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    When I first started my blog, I didn't really spent anything for it too.I also didn't find the need to hire any company to market it. I don't really think it's necessary unless it's a blog or site that really deals with business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I haven't spent any money on marketing for any of my websites. Working on SEO and getting ranked highly is the best way to get quality traffic. It takes more time but it pays off in the long run.

Share on facebook

dollarBLAB | A blog about how to make money online
    Make money online with Neobux | ClixSense | Swagbucks | Ipsos

5. Collapse Details
    I started my blog with no marketing budget. Instead, I decided to self-teach myself basic SEO principles. I read through many online resources, and at the end of the day, they all say the same thing: Content is King. With all the changes that Google made to its algorithms, it's much wiser to invest time and money into creating unique content. The traffic will come in due time.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    If you have lots of money. Then go ahead and try some of the paid sites for traffic, visitors and etc. But if you're like me whose very cheap, I'd rather do it myself and spend no money at all and gain the maximum revenue that I can earn at the least amount of money or none at all.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    I make some money on Swagbucks and SimpltGPT for a little advertising money. I don't need a lot because you're right, it's all about organic traffic. You'll get way more traffic to your blog or website just by knowing and implementing SEO. It won't cost you anything if you do it by yourself, only some time studying it and putting it into action.
    seo is the name of the game.

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

8. Collapse Details
    I agree. Organic search traffic is where I get most of my Adsense clicks and conversions. It is the best source of traffic and great for long term success.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Yes, I helped launch a small online school several years ago that employed about 20 on site employees and a network of about 100 or so external faculty. We started off using only SEO, but eventually got into Google AdWords and eventually MSN AdCenter as the years went on. Both are very effective at driving traffic - but I would never consider SEO to be "free". You are still spending a lot of your time generating content and optimizing your site, and other efforts that may or not pay off. If you factor in all the time and resources you put towards SEO and evaluate their true return on investment, it may or not be more beneficial for you to be in the paid ad space too.

When I later went on to work for another company in the insurance space running their pay per click campaigns, our marketing channel in particular was very easy to demonstrate it's profitability vs the SEO team. We had a clear budget and a clear profit margin to hit and we hit it month after month.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    If you write quality content and build good amount of backlinks then you will have huge traffic it will help you to generate online sales

Share on facebook