Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Online Businesses
    I was hoping to start a DIY blog business. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. Suggestions such as which site to use to start my blog and such would be really helpful! I don't want to spend too much money on this right now, as I am a business student and don't have tons of extra money to waste. Also I was wondering about peoples success rates, and how much money they actually get from these kinds of blogs?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I'll list a few things.
    Top reasons why blogs fail:
    - not enough content
    - bad content (things that you can already read everywhere)
    - people who quit
    - not enough promotion

So before you start your blog, be aware that you wont earn anything the first month, you will earn something around a dollar the second month, 3 dollars the third month, ...
    This is only valid if you keep posting fresh content.

As for hosting, you could get a blog for free at Wordpress.com (I advise you use Wordpress) but this will limit your possibilities in the long run. Try to get cheap hosting (you'll only need about 500MB the first year).

Seeing as you're a business student, maybe you can start a blog to teach people about how to save money, avoid marketing tricks, explain how promotions happen at stores, ...

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by delusional View Post
    I'll list a few things.
    - not enough content
    - people who quit
    - not enough promotion

So before you start your blog, be aware that you wont earn anything the first month, you will earn something around a dollar the second month, 3 dollars the third month, ...

As for hosting, you could get a blog for free at Wordpress.com (I advise you use Wordpress) but this will limit your possibilities in the long run. Try to get cheap hosting (you'll only need about 500MB the first year).

Seeing as you're a business student, maybe you can start a blog to teach people about how to save money, avoid marketing tricks, explain how promotions happen at stores, ...
    This is great advice and as the owner of a couple of blogs in my time, content is king. You have to be offering your customers something that they can't get from other people in your industry. What can you offer as a student that someone who's had 30 years of experience?

I mainly use my blogs as a place to showcase my writing to sell to clients or as samples when applying for a job. I don't have the years of experience that other professionals have, but I can make that up with my own style and personality.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    You shouldn't need a lot of money to start up your blog, however, you'll need time to keep it updated, I think that's one of the most important things to have in mind when talking about blogs.

As for which site you should use to open your blog. There are many sites that offer the blog hosting for free, they may have limited functions in different ways, but they could be good start if you want to save money in the initial phase. Or if you could spend a little, I'd recommend you grab some cheap, but valued pack, that already include blogging tools, WordPress, etc. Let me take the opportunity, and share this link with you: http://shop.hostinv.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting2.aspx

Good luck!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Since you're just starting your online business I'd say Wordpress or Blogger for hosting is enough. I'd recommend buying a domain though, for 10$ per year you add a lot of credibility to your business and search engines like Google will send more traffic your way. Hosting, like I said, you don't need, for now. Good reliable hosting costs around 10$ per month and that can add up quickly. Write and add quality content and update your website regularly. Engage your users by answering to comments or questions and don't forget to add social buttons so that your users can share and bookmark your pages. Also, take the time and read a few tips for beginners.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    blogging needs a lot of commitment, write about something that you like so that you won't get bored easily

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes, Blogging needs a lot of commitment all the topics should be interesting to pull in more viewers.
    Do develop your business social media also plays an important role join twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to promote.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Originally posted by Delusional

I'll list a few things.
    - not enough content
    - people who quit
    - not enough promotion

You can earn more than that a month. There are many things you want to look into as far as starting your own blog. Are you wanting to run a site by itself? Because that alone will make little money like that. But if you would incorporate social media, make videos and upload to Youtube, interact with forums, use affiliate marketing with all the other said methods. You could be making a couple hundred bucks a month (starting out). It's all up to you about how you want to go about it.

First thing first. Figure out what kind of niche you want to go after. Second, setup your website. When you go to do that. If you don't have much money to invest then there is simple way to go about it. Instead of Wordpress.com, you can go for one.com. They offer domain and hosting for a year for under $14. They are reliable, fast and the customer support is awesome. When you have done yet. You can setup Wordpress Application with a click of a button. And what is great about Wordpress application is that you have control over the theme and design, and the functionality. You it will be you own website not some mini blog with lots of rules to follow. That's the difference between Wordpress Application and Wordpress.com.

Once you have it all setup, make some high quality content about your niche and keep going, don't give up or you won't get anything from it. After you have the content created. Make some videos about the content and share it on social media and have it point back to your site. Get interactive with forums like this one but related to your niche and pull in traffic. And over time you will gain a reputation and make an income and say bye-bye to your 9 to 5 job.

If you would like a consultation where I can help you one on one or any help at all join come on over to my site and sign up!

Biz-Ops

Share on facebook

Anthony (Biz Ops)

9. Collapse Details
    If you want to be successful in your new blog business then the topmost thing that you should be assured and confident about is the content of the website. Blogging is all about interesting subjects and writing style. Your readers should not get bored with your blogs and articles and so write something which you are knowledgeable about and make sure it is well researched. Once it glues the users to your website it would become popular.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    These business have made leaps and strides to get to where they are. The hardwork is evident as it is. - Green Water Technologies

Share on facebook