Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Link building in SEO has become quite challenging and after the barrage of Google algorithm updates in 2013 many of the techniques that used to work have the potential damage a website's quality today - or at the least, won't be recognized by Google as valuable and credible links. The only way we've found that works is digging your heals into real traditional marketing. There are no shortcuts to the sustainable "link earning" process.

Spend research hours online searching for high quality websites that are extremely relevant to your business. Also search for trade journal websites and business publications devoted to your specific industries for they often host communities and blogs that provide more opportunities for connecting with others and earning links. Review a business pubs editorial calendar (often accessed through the links provided for advertising information). Most business mags appreciate newsworthy articles that fit their planned editorial roll-out. Some even issue call-outs for feature subjects hoping to obtain quality articles from relevant companies. Reach out to the listed editors of relevant magazines and become friendly. Find out how you can submit content for editorial consideration and know that if what you have to offer is truly newsworthy (innovative or helpful ideas, case studies, new technological innovations, etc.) they will often have interest. Be sure to monitor the quality and relevance of any links you wish to create. You can use free online tools from MajesticSEO, Moz.com, and others to look at quality metrics such as Domain Authority, Page Authority, mozTrust, or mozRank. Generally, the higher the score the better. For our clients we like to rely on websites with a Domain Authority score of 75 or higher - depending on the industry and resources available.

Someone earlier mentioned spending time on your website before going on a link building quest. This is very good advice. Make sure your structure is well organized and ensure that every page possesses 250-300 words of meaningful content. Also check for duplication - go to Copyscape.com and run some pages through to see if you have instances of duplicate content. Rewrite anything that is found. Don't forget your page meta titles and meta descriptions and be certain you don't duplicate this text either.

There's a lot more advice out there on link building in 2014. The biggest takeaway I've seen from the Google update/penalty debacle is that good SEO means good marketing with content that is highly relevant and meaningful to each business' target audiences. If you focus on your customers, deeply understanding their needs and interests, you'll create better content reach out to the relevant places prospective customers hang out, and increase your website value and search ranking potential.

Share on facebook

American-made SEO designed by seasoned marketers and never outsourced.

Visit us online at www.moorethanseo.com
    Find us on Facebook for exclusive content and promotions: https://www.facebook.com/Moorethanseo
    Visual learner? See our boards on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/moorethanseo/

2. Collapse Details
    Valuable if done within your niche.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think you can say that link trades are worthless. They are still a way to get your site out there - seen by others and spidered by Search engines who might not otherwise find you. It's definitely difficult to get people to respond though. I've been working on this off and on this week without a whole lot of luck unfortunately.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I haven't done any link exchanges proposals thus far, but I have contacted a good number of sites to purchase/rent ad space or make some customized deals concerning links and written articles, and they have worked for me. I think the key is just to be as sincere in the letter as possible and to spread out your opportunities and options as much as possible, as not all of them tend to reply so it's best not to expect much or anything at all as you are sending out your letters. Of those few that do, though, it becomes a good start to a great business relationship, and usually you can tell by the content they put up as to what type of people they are anyway, so it's all relatively transparent on both ends and it shouldn't be very complicated if you ask me.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It is hard to go about doing this if you really want to gain legitimate DA/PA and other stats quickly. Most sites will refuse if you have lower domain authority than they do and why would you want links from lower ones? Difficult but effective when it works. Try emailing the admin.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I really feel the need to do this process of exchanging links.

Right now, my blog has practically no traffic, due to the fact that I've just started a few days ago and I haven't done any marketing. I'm trying to build my own life on the internet, so I'm not promoting my site to my friends and families on Facebook or anything. I want to start an online career without them being in the way of it.

I find this strategy pretty great in terms of advertising your website, I just don't know how to do it, as well.

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions guys!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think popular sites won't accept any kind of exchange unless your site is popular as well.

Share on facebook