Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Web traffic fluctuation during different days of the week
    Since I launched my own web site almost two years ago, I have been paying close attention to my web site traffic statistics through both Google Analytics and AWstats.

It seems that every Friday I get a drop in web traffic in term of unique visitors by as much as 20%. On Saturday, the web traffic is the same as any week day. On Sunday, there is often a spike in unique visitors by as high as 15~20%.

Does it mean most people are out dinning, drinking, partying etc. on Friday night? (When I was in the college, more often the Saturday was the party night lol). What makes more people browsing the internet on Sunday than any other day?

If you are running an online business, how would make use of such data?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Wow. I never would have guessed that. I would think that especially on Saturdays there would be a drop in traffic.
    This is extremely useful though. Now you can see your high traffic days and make most of your content posts then.
    Whenever it peaks you can be sure to share whatever you want to have the most visibility.
    Sunday is a lazy day for everybody. Plus it's the end of their week normally. So they are likely checking up on email, Facebook, etc.
    This was really insightful. Thanks for this.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah I've seen that on a blog before. People get off of work on Friday and go out and have a good time and then relax on Saturday on Sunday. That's really just an uninformed guess though, lol.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

4. Collapse Details
    It makes a lot of sense to me. Many people go out with their families or buddies on Friday nights and Saturdays. Sundays are the days when many people are just lounging around and relaxing. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much always online when I'm at home relaxing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Since I launched my own web site almost two years ago, I have been paying close attention to my web site traffic statistics through both Google Analytics and AWstats.

It seems that every Friday I get a drop in web traffic in term of unique visitors by as much as 20%. On Saturday, the web traffic is the same as any week day. On Sunday, there is often a spike in unique visitors by as high as 15~20%.

Does it mean most people are out dinning, drinking, partying etc. on Friday night? (When I was in the college, more often the Saturday was the party night lol). What makes more people browsing the internet on Sunday than any other day?

It depends on who you're promoting to, really. If you're promoting to the professional young adult audience, those sound like normal trends. Working on weeknights, going out on Friday, and on Sunday trying to get everything done they procrastinated about doing over the weekend.
    When you're advertising to kids (for things such as a video game) you're likely to get more traffic over the weekends...while with teenagers and college age, you'll tend to get more traffic on the weekdays.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    This is actually some good observation regarding the matter. I guess when you know that it already fluctuates on some days of the week, make those days a focus on traffic more then. Like probably provide more content for the site or make use more of the social network to add traffic to it.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    What kind of website is this? I think it's already great you still have a steady flow of visitors on Saturday and Sunday. A lot of websites see a big drop either in the weekend or during weekdays but if you still have both, that is great.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    What kind of website is this? I think it's already great you still have a steady flow of visitors on Saturday and Sunday. A lot of websites see a big drop either in the weekend or during weekdays but if you still have both, that is great.
    Knowing the kind of site is very important if you want us to be able to give helpful feedback .

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I'm not an expert on internet marketing or traffic analysis but when I noticed that I get more visitors during Tuesday and Wednesdays, I changed my posting schedule from Saturdays to Mondays and likewise, I make it a point to monitor my sites (Forum/FB page) during Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

My site's traffic (as well as inquiries) did increase though I'm not 100% sure if the changes I made contributed to said increase. By the way, my site is about online jobs and internet income source.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I get the most traffic mid week and on weekends. It drops Mondays and Thursdays usually. I am not sure why this is the case.

Share on facebook