Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Web traffic fluctuation during different days of the week - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I run a blog as a hobby/side income earner and I have in fact noticed that my traffic spikes during Sunday, especially when it's Sunday in the U.S. as I get a good amount of my traffic from there. I've never really paid that much attention to the rest of the week's traffic though since they pretty much even out. As for taking advantage of such information, I guess I'd just use it to publish my articles on or before Sunday or even hold live events or contests if it's possible.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Most times its best to use if you are selling ad space on your site. If you are selling the space and a company comes to you and needs an increase of traffic for the weekend you will know if that is possible. In your case you know that friday you can't do that for them.

Also if you want to run a promotion you know that you should probably publish a promotion on sunday night.

There are many ways that all this info can be useful.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I get the most traffic mid week and on weekends. It drops Mondays and Thursdays usually. I am not sure why this is the case.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    My site is still fairly new so I can't really see any trends just yet. But you data you have can be useful in many ways. You know Friday night is the quietest time, so that will be the best time to do maintenance on your site. Similarly, if Sunday night is the busiest, that could be the best time to run promotions etc.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think it actually depends on how wide-reaching your audience is. If your site carters to an international audience, then I don't think you'll probably see such trends, since people live in different time zones. In my case, my traffic is relatively constant throughout the week, but spikes when I post new content.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Its natural that traffic on the internet increases during weekends and holidays. This is due to the reason that people have more favorite time during holidays and they generally like to browse internet in their free time. So its all but natural that the traffic spikes up on blogs etc.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    The item creates a lot of perception to me. Many people go out with their loved ones or maybe good friends with Fri nights along with Saturdays. Sundays include the days and nights when many individuals are only relaxing close to along with enjoyable. When i don't know regarding you, although I'm basically usually on the net when I'm in the home enjoyable.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    That is how Friday works. People are always out having fun so do not expect them to come to your site. On weekends there might be a good number as people will be relaxing at home after a long week at work.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have a more interesting case than Vash. I have one client website selling footwear is getting almost double traffic then an average week days. And the pattern follows since long.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    That is how Friday works. People are always out having fun so do not expect them to come to your site. On weekends there might be a good number as people will be relaxing at home after a long week at work.
    Yeah, I agree that the amount of traffic on friday is not too high and that is due to the fact that people generally tend to go outside to have fun after the end of a work week. And the traffic spikes up on Saturdays and Sundays because people generally have holidays on these days and like to spend their time by browsing the internet.

Share on facebook