Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    "PHP is better" is a matter of opinion. As is ".NET is better".

This almost seems like a "right tool for the right job" kind of thing.

Both PHP and .NET have their pros and cons, and it's really a matter of what you find most comfortable to use. Personally, I use .NET for my development, because it's what I am most familiar with. I have dabbled in PHP and perl, as well. They all have built-in tools.

And you can almost do all the same things with both of them, and with .NET Core coming out, you can have the ability to develop on non-Windows systems as well.

For both, you must know how to write n-tier code (backend, mid-tier, and front-end). In my opinion, .NET allows for a little better separation of some concerns, though one could argue that you could do the same with PHP and some JavaScript libraries.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Monte; 03-28-2017 at 02:04 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sruthivolive View Post
    Hi ...friends this is sruthi..I want to design my website but please suggest me which programming language will be better either PHP or ASP.NET..?
    Hi Sruthi,

PHP and ASP.Net Both are very successful languages and both have their own features. Both have their pros and cons. Depending on the basic requirement and budget from you can use accordingly.
    There are some factors those you need to be considered before choosing one of them.

* Designing and Development Cost and Support:
    - Though PHP runs on an open source platform(free to download) and it has a wide amount of free module and plugin, so it is cost effective and provides many resources & support.
    While ASP.Net requires Microsoft products so it is more expensive than PHP.

- PHP code is light in weight and can run with different platforms like UNIX, Linux and Windows.
    While ASP.Net code is not easy to understand and can run only with Windows platform.

- PHP is used to develop dynamic websites.
    ASP.Net is used to develop web apps using VB.Net and IIS.

* Time of Deployment:
    - As ASP.Net takes twice as much code than PHP, PHP development is much faster than ASP.Net.

* Application Performance:
    - PHP is an interpreted language and can be run directly from the code, which you need to write everytime.
    ASP.Net is an optimized and compiled language, so it loads faster than PHP.

Language Support:
    - PHP is preferred choice because it is being made in C++.
    ASP.Net enables to develop an application together using languages(like cSharp, VB.Net and jSharp) without gaps.

In conclusion PHP is secure, cheap and reliable and ASP.Net has quicker development time. PHP is best for its arena and ASP.Net is best for its own world.

Thanks.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I will say PHP is the best because its free, easy to learn, its compatible with IIS and Apache servers, it can run on Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, it supports a wide variety of databases and runs efficiently on the server side

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Both programming languages have different purposes, advantages, and limitation. But you should go with PHP instead of asp.net. for creating simple, elegant websites.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Every programming language offers the different features so you can develop a website with anyone. I recommend Javascript.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hi @shruthi, both PHP and ASP are are good. The difference is that PHP is an open source scripting language and it is free. Where ASP is paid one. If the website is for small business then PHP would be more than enough.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I agree that PHP is open source language with all new better framework.PHP is a server-side scripting language developed with the intention to create powerful dynamic and interactive websites in the static website era.It has rapidly gained momentum, and today nearly, 40% websites or web application development services in the world of the Internet is running with PHP in their source code.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Both are known to be the best platform for designing any website. Then also, I personally find PHP to be one of the best website that one must go for getting the best ever experience for making there website look best. I would say, that if you are trying to make your website look best. Than, you must definitely try to choose PHP.

Share on facebook