Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What are some examples of a small business?
    Looking for examples of a small business one could start from home! If you have any ideas plesae leave a comment as I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance and have a greay day!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    What are your work skills and hobbies Sunshinegurl? The things you can do from home to create a primary or secondary income are virtually endless....thinking of what would work best for you is the hard part.

Virtual Assistants are very popular right now. Many small businesses don't have the time or skills to do paperwork or deal with phone calls, and are happy to pay someone to do these chores for them. As an example, the "one-man-shop" type local business person who does plumbing, window cleaning, or house painting may need someone to mail out invoices and deposit cheques, answer email, make phone calls to solicit new business, do internet research to locate supplies. If you were doing this for more than one company, they end up paying much less than if they hired someone full time.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    If you are looking for ideas for a home business, take stock of what you're good at making or doing. For example, what are your hobbies? A home business that is based upon your skills will definitely give you an edge, and moreover, give you a better chance of being successful as compared to doing something that you are not familiar with.

Also, you want to select a product or service that you are passionate about. It's a given that during the first few years of your home business, you will be investing a lot of hours into it. Therefore, selecting a product or service that excites you will make it easier for you to stick with it no matter how much work it takes.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    You may want to look into selling goods online. It takes a lot of discipline and a little getting used to, but it's not as time consuming as a lot of other businesses if you do it right. I've read about some people making a good amount of income just buying from thrift stores and flea markets and selling the items online for a profit. You can also consider just buying cheap products in bulk from China and selling them on Ebay, although you have to be careful with this one and do lots of research on the seller before you jump in. The best thing about this is that you don't have to risk that much capital to start and get warmed up.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I knew someone who make specially designed candles. Initially it was a made to order kind of business and most of his clients are from the neighbourhood, friends, office mates, etc and he patiently took photographs of those that he made and catalogue them. Eventually, he started a website and started to get orders online. I think you can make it as your model. One final tip though, you must make sure that you are passionate about your product and what you are doing and not just doing it because of the business.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru View Post
    You may want to look into selling goods online. It takes a lot of discipline and a little getting used to, but it's not as time consuming as a lot of other businesses if you do it right. I've read about some people making a good amount of income just buying from thrift stores and flea markets and selling the items online for a profit. You can also consider just buying cheap products in bulk from China and selling them on Ebay, although you have to be careful with this one and do lots of research on the seller before you jump in. The best thing about this is that you don't have to risk that much capital to start and get warmed up.
    This is actually what my partner and I are doing. We started it 2 years ago and have been importing goods from China. It was overwhelming at first, and slowly with the help of social media, we got the attention we wanted. But it was a little tricky at first getting the right products and testing everyone's taste. But it didn't take us too long to figure it out. And the investment wasn't a lot. Now, we're planning on launching our very own website very soon.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    There are lots of small business that can be done Virtually or Physically. For Physical business which would be home based, you could start with cooking food, since food is a very popular product anywhere in the world especially when you make good food. Another is offering services like laundry, computer repair and programming, cleaning etc. For virtual businesses you could start with websites and work at home deals which are not scams of course. These are tips which could kickstart your home business ideas and hopefully helps you decide.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Small Business is a broad and roomy forte!

Writing, crafting, cleaning, seducing, social-networking, selling, stocking, caregiving, ITing, designing, bossing, typing, telemarketing, trading, baking, blogging, knitting, quilting, spamming. They can be in all sorts of fields: Retail, Service, Insurance, Health-care, Telecommunications, Lawn-care, Childcare, Beautycare, Entertainment. The list can go on and on. We can virtually do anything we want and set our minds to. This is just my limited knowledge of the subject, there is more. Good Luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I like the idea that one member mentioned about virtual assistants. Having a business that specializes in supplying virtual assistants to other bigger businesses is a great niche right now and looks to be pretty high in demand. I would like to add a hot dog cart to that list of possible small business ideas. Hot dog carts (and stationary stands) can make an amazing amount of money as long as you have the right location. Supply costs are real low and so are the start up costs.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    This is actually what my partner and I are doing. We started it 2 years ago and have been importing goods from China. It was overwhelming at first, and slowly with the help of social media, we got the attention we wanted. But it was a little tricky at first getting the right products and testing everyone's taste. But it didn't take us too long to figure it out. And the investment wasn't a lot. Now, we're planning on launching our very own website very soon.
    That's great to hear, and I'm very happy for you guys! I'm always glad to hear about flourishing businesses, especially when it's first hand from the owners. Anyway, I completely agree. It's only daunting at first but sometimes it's best to jump into the deep end (within reason), and after getting used to it and building up a substantial structure, it all becomes second nature eventually, not that it gets any easier but at least a little more comfortable. Good luck with your future plans and I hope to hear more about your progress.

Share on facebook