Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, I think you should take your own advice. If you buy cheaper items because the price tag appeals to you, then maybe that is your best strategy. I would honestly want a higher quality product that I don't have to replace often, but that's just me. I think that people sometimes are cheap and just want to afford more 'stuff' rather than have quality 'stuff'. I'm for quality over quantity.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think it depends on what the product is, what it is used for, what the person will reasonably expect and just how much cheaper or more expensive it is than a higher-quality item.

In most cases, finding something in-between that is a good value and reasonably good quality is the best option. That's my opinion, anyway.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Buying what is cheap is the scary part. You are never a hundred percent sure that it is going to turn out well. I would honestly recommend going for quality. People will most likely come back.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaKay View Post
    I think it depends on what the product is, what it is used for, what the person will reasonably expect and just how much cheaper or more expensive it is than a higher-quality item.

In most cases, finding something in-between that is a good value and reasonably good quality is the best option. That's my opinion, anyway.
    I completely agree with this. Some things you can buy cheap and have the same quality as the top dollar items, other things there are huge differences between the best and the worst! You should check all the offerings and test use the items to your needs. The solution will probably be somewhere in the middle!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaKay View Post

I must second this as this is what I have been doing since I started out buying things for me or family. If can wait to have more funds for a product that I need, I will. Opting for something which is cheap, though doesnt necessarily make it bad, but then, my experience with such products has been miserable.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think this all depends on who your customer base is. If your product is more for people who don't have a lot of money then lower priced items are obviously the way to go. If you're marketing towards middle upper-class people that you have to go with quality. If you don't have quality products people will never buy from you again and might even want their money refunded. However, even if I was selling to lower-class people I still would never outsource any of my work to China. This is America and outsourcing any work out of this country for cheaper labor is simply Un-American!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    This is the same for any business. Quality vs. Quantity is always changing. You have to stay on top of it. You can't spend too much time or too much resources just to have a slightly better quality product. You don't want to have a product that isn't good enough either. So you basically have to do extensive research to find what works best. Every different kind of product requires a different equilibrium to attain maximum profitability.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Adding value > discounting.

It's true that discounting can kick start your sales, but it just hurts them in the long run. Why? Because you will get used to discounting items, and your customers will get addicted to it as well. And at one point, they will stop buying anything that's not discounted. You don't want that, right?

Instead you should add value to your products/services. Improve it, make it more appealing, or make a special offer that feels like a discount. For example getting 2+1 if they order within x hours or something like that.

Share on facebook

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

- Collin Powell

9. Collapse Details
    One more thing to factor in regarding quality vs lower priced items is the location of your business. If you're located in areas with low income residents the purchase of lower quality items is higher and if your business is located in a rich area the residents will buy more quality products knowing that their money is better spent in the long run. A good example is what I've seen in some poorer countries where dollar stores are the norm since people have low income and better quality items are not an option. So, they happily purchase cheap items knowing they can't afford quality while the only other option is second hand items. Sad really.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I always opt Quality over quantity.. because quality always matters in any organization's success.

Share on facebook