Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I always opt for quality over quantity. This is because I feel that consumers would rather buy something that is worth it. Even for me, whenever i browse around a store, I always think of quality before anything else. Who wants to buy something that is not going to last a long time? So definitely quality > quantity.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately, we live in a throw away society.... the you get what you pay for saying is still all inclusive. It seems to me people don't care too much what they pay as long as they get what they want. Yes, they do have the luxury of shopping around via the Internet, but few do comparison shopping. Perhaps that would be a good business to get into shopper smart so you don' t have to!?! Any takers, I would definitely shop thru someone who would take the time to compare for me, until then the first thing I see will be the first thing I get.... ahhh beautiful first impulses!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    If you're located in areas with low income residents the purchase of lower quality items is higher and if your business is located in a rich area the residents will buy more quality products knowing that their money is better spent in the long run.
    I agree. I think you really have to take your economic location into consideration before you set your prices. People around you may want to use your goods and services, but may be financially unable to do so, which is disappointing for them and bad for your business.

You should also consider who your target audience is. Say you are in the baby-needs business. As much as they want the best for their child, would a single new mom working part-time or not at all really have the money to spend on that superior-quality baby product? Probably not. Are you running a hair-accessory line for young girls? Would a little girl on a small allowance be able to pay for the items you have for sale? If they are way too out of her price-range, you're missing out on a potential customer and hundreds just like her.

It's easy for people to say quality over quantity, and usually we believe that to be true. But I agree depending on the specifics of your business and who you're looking to sell to, it might not be the best way to get customers in your door.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I am of the opinion that the quality of the products should be of a good standard. Sometimes, businesses try to compromise on the quality of the product in order to achieve more sales or to earn more profit but these strategies generally fail. This is because it is the quality of the product which builds customer respect and loyalty. A customer would only demand more of a product if it is satisfied with the quality of service the product offers. In terms of consumer durables, the quality of a product is the aspect which could make or destroy a business.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I usually go for the more expensive item to guarantee quality. There is nothing I hate more than buying a piece of crap that I need to return not long after I bought it. Price buys quality, that's the way it goes. Most people will go for quality if they can afford it.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Just like most people who replied to this thread I too am of the opinion that it is better to pay a little extra for whatever item you are buying just because it assures you that you will get the best quality product. The last chat item that I purchased was this cheap little microphone for my PC and guess what, my friends were complaining that the sound quality was horrible and on top of that, it broke 1 week later. I decided that I shouldn't waste my money on these cheap and unreliable microphones and instead buy a good expensive one, it did cost almost 5 times more that the cheat one, but almost 3 years later it still works like it did the first day I bought it.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted255 View Post
    The quality of our business and out products will always be the most important factor in our success. It doesn't matter if we have a coffee shop, are selling flowers or have an internet marketing business. Sometimes, although we bring our best game to the table and out products have a much higher quality than that of any competitor, we still are not a success. Some competitor does better just because they sell at a lower price. This happens in every industry and in most cases the products are of really low value. So, the question is: why do some people buy lower priced items that are clearly of substandard quality? Why don't they invest in a quality product that is going to last 10-20 times longer than the cheaper one?

I guess we have all done this. Sometimes I buy cheaper priced items just because they are cheap or because I can buy more items with the money I would pay to get 1 high quality product. But can I explain why I choose to do this? Not really. I think it's probably something we are born with. The instinct of saving money and paying less rather than more. Sometimes our family teaches us how to do this. If they always buy what's cheaper we will inevitably think that this is the right way to do things. So, we will usually go with the cheaper option.

What do you guys think about this? Do you opt for quality over quantity? Do you give in to the temptation of buying what's cheap?
    I think this is a matter of value. You think you are getting a good value when you buy a pair of $20 tennis shoes instead of the $120 running shoes you need, but in all actuality, where the running shoes would have lasted you a few years, the $20 pair end up getting worn out in a few months and you have to buy another pair...which you opt to buy for $20 again just because you're thinking you already wasted $20 and you don't want to spend a lot of money on a pair of shoes...and then before you know it you end up spending more because you wanted "value" than you would have if you had just bought the quality product in the first place. I think the age old issue is that corporations make cheaper product because they charge less for it, from shoes, to housewares, to toys, even to food. Have you ever noticed that the cheaper the food is the less healthy it is for you? That's because value is more important to people than quality. Personally, if I am at a point where I am doing well, I'm going to go for quality before I go for value. The crazy thing about it to me is that some companies do provide quality products at affordable prices. But it's hard to find these products, and most people don't want to go through the effort of finding them. So ultimately I think it's just a matter of personal preference. If one person is fine with spending a lot of money buying cheap products over and over instead of buying just one quality product, I guess that's their prerogative, but me...I like quality and less hassle.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    'Price' is always the ultimate factor. I've been at food festivals making the exact same sandwiches as other vendors,but using better breads and fresher ingredients but because he has the cheaper price he in turn has the longer line !

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It really depends on the item itself. Just because something is very expensive, it does not mean the product is necessarily high quality. As a consumer myself, I usually always do some research on the stuffs I want to purchase. For example, a pair of shoes are sold in a varying price range. Of course I could always get the cheapest one off the shelf and have it tear off in the next 2 months because it is not durable; or I could buy a slightly expensive ones and keep wearing it for few years before it tore apart. There are just a few things that I would spend extra money for: shoes, mattress, and safety equipments.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    It really depends on what it is I am buying. For example with Sound Editing Software, I have found extremely cheap and actually one free Porgram that does exactly the same and in some ways are better than Software that costs hundreds, if not THOUSANDS..

Share on facebook