1. Collapse Details
    How do I reach parents of college students during upcoming college graduation?
    I recently launched my business, Level Up Career Services. I work with college students, recent grads and entry-level candidates on their job search. I've had wonderful feedback from the few clients I've had - the issue I struggle with is how to get more clients (don't we all?).

My target market is PARENTS of college students (every client I've had has come to me at the request of a parent or loved one).

I live in an area with quite a few local colleges. April and May are graduation months, and the area will be filled with parents coming to watch their students graduate - many of whom do not yet have a job. My services can be invaluable to them - if they become aware that I exist and understand what I can do for their kids. The question is: how do I reach them?

I have a really nice postcard ready to go, and thought about putting in on windshields during commencement ceremonies, but after researching, I'm concerned about the legality of this (the lots are on private property and/or I could be fined for littering). I've also thought about seeing if I could place the postcards in local hotels, but many of the schools are community colleges which won't require a hotel stay by parents.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thank you!
    Tami

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hi Tami!
    Congrats on launching your business!
    I can think of a couple of ways to reach your audience using Facebook.
    I know you said you want to target parents, but maybe you could consider running ads to the students themselves, offering a 15-minute discovery call (parents invited of course). You can target students who graduate soon very precisely by school name and undergrad years. Here's how Facebook describes it - https://www.facebook.com/business/help/151929714875872. You can set it up so you only pay when they click through to your website.

For parents, you can target "parents with adult children" category, although that targeting is a bit less precise as you will be broadcasting to parents of 18-26-year-olds.

I don't know if you are considerting Facebook ads as an option, but this could be helpful, especially as you have some time to set it up and run for 2-3 weeks before the graduation period begins.
    Best of luck to you!
    Yulia

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the suggestions, Yulia. I've run 2 ads with FB, directed to parents (have one going right now for a free resume review). In my 10+ years of experience working with college students (in other jobs), I've noticed that they tend to not take advantage of resources available to help them with their career prep. Parents, on the other hand, have a lot invested in their kids' education and are experienced enough to know that sometimes you need help - thus, they are more likely to encourage their new grads to use my services But, its good to know I can target students by school name and grad years - did not know that!

Thanks!
    Tami

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Street "live" advertising (posters, business cards, flyers, etc.) are your everything. Anyways, I see no other ways to get in touch with parents. Facebook is a great idea, too, but I am not sure parents of students hang there (parents of pre-schoolers usually unite in communities like that, but not those of almost adult teens). I have some practice at attracting talented recently grads to a writing company (https://bid4papers.com/), and I think advertising must be very diverse.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The graduation ceremonies are your ideal target audience. You can waste a lot of time and money trying to reach such a good quality audience by other means - including social media so don't give up on them. It's worth the effort finding out if you can get permission to hand out flyers or even better attend the ceremonies in person. Maybe you can sponsor some refreshments as a way in? Do the schools have a pamphlet that you can buy advertising space in? If you can't get permission to attend or circulate flyers can you get access to adjoining land? You could set up a stand there. Floating inflatables (like these) are highly visible and quick to set up and move. They aren't expensive and you can reuse them.

If all that fails are there other ways to reach this audience - graduation gown rental shops, photographers, flower and cake shops?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Try to reach them via email.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you send your child to school, then he should be advised to use the site https://assignment-helpers.co.uk/what-is-assignment/ on which you can always find more information. In that direction they want to solve problems with assignment

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Maintain a Top-Notch Website.
    Tailor Your Content to Their Needs.
    Email Them Directly.
    Write Them a Letter of Acceptance, Too.
    japan bearing dealers
    japnese bearing dealers in pakistan

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Maintain a Top-Notch Website.
    Tailor Your Content to Their Needs.
    Email Them Directly.
    Write Them a Letter of Acceptance, Too.
    japan bearing dealers
    japnese bearing dealers in pakistan

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hello! I am very glad that I got to such a wonderful forum where very interesting topics are raised. For me, as for the dad of my son, a very important period in my life is the graduation of a junior from an educational institution. After all, this school gives him a lot of experience and friends, who in the future will help him on his life's journey. And when you stand at the gala evening and remember how you were a student too and entered into adulthood. I searched a lot on this topic and decided to order a couple of articles on the website https://writingcreek.com/for-beginners/, where I was very surprised by the quality of the work. And to get in touch with parents of past courses, I used a lot of social networks, where many interesting personalities. And I recommend you communicate more through social networks, because maybe there you will get answers to your question, which you could not put at school.

Share on facebook