Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is anyone going in the Real Estate business?
    This is something I don't normally ask because when comes to Real Estate, you either go for becoming a salesperson, which you are considered an independent worker or you work for a company in which you get paid on a regular basis. This is my second careers in which I'm switching from being a Nurse to Real Estate, which is a big change considering healthcare is what I want to focus on. Is anyone in the Real Estate business or is planning to go into the Real Estate business?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Wow that is a big change.

Real Estate goes in cycles so many starting out will get in full time while the market is hot then fall back into another type of work and wait before jumping in again. This works great if you have a husband or wife that has a steady job/income to smooth out the highs and lows.

Real estate is one of the most cut-throat occupations so make sure your skin is thick enough for it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Having worked both in the healthcare field as well as the financial one: you're in for a huge change.

If you like healthcare, may I ask why you want to change?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I used to be interested in becoming a real estate agent. I wish you luck. I don't have much advice to give, but I'm looking forward to reading responses here.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    @crimsonghost747: The reason is that I have helped my dad in his restaurant business for 5 years, and I wasn't eligible to renew my Nursing license because I didn't do the continuing education, plus the school board said I have to go back to school and reapply to the Nursing program. I think family is more important than my Nursing career and my dad really liked me to help him out. The reason I went for Real Estate was that I had the interest to go for the field, which I didn't often find something that I really liked to do. I also liked working my own hours and on my own pace, and Real Estate was a good choice for me.

@LindaKay: Are you still thinking about going to Real Estate in the near future?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Real estate sales could be a good occupation for you if you know your local area well and you're service-minded and good with people. If I'm not mistaken, it's common to work on an independent basis (i.e. on commission only or with a very small retainer that could cover car costs etc.) even if you're representing an established real estate firm. Especially if you're new to this field, it can be good to have a well-known real estate name behind you.

If you can combine continuing to help your dad with his restaurant (and get a regular part-time paycheck from that) with real estate, it might not matter so much that your real estate income will be uneven and often unpredictable. As others have said, though, it's a tough game, and you do need a thick skin and an upbeat personality to get through the ups and downs.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes this is huge change to become real estate agent from the nurse. If your work is pleasure with your clients, you can do some thing good in this field. But you need a lot of money to start this business.
    And you can also become a agent and get commission when deal is confirmed.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    There is a big different between a real estate sales agent and a business man engaging into a real estate business. A business man buys a land or property, develop and sell it.. sales agent may achieve success if he could sell properties and get commission. Real Estate guys, will get profit from re-selling the property they acquired, rinse and do the cycle again.

Being an agent first will allow you to acquire INFORMATION and TECHNIQUES surrounding the business and perhaps get capitalization until you are ripe to buy your own property and start your own real estate agency.

Good luck!!!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Real estate is actually good when you are a very good sales person. Since a few clients who would buy from you would instantly give you huge cash inflows and income. The problem is if you are not good in sales talk and there are no prospects within your region.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    It can be really profitable if you know what you're doing.

Share on facebook