1. Collapse Details
    Being a security trader
    Hey guys, this is not a exactly a business but its a very god opportunity. Have any of you tried trading securities or learning a little bit more about them? You can do stocks,forex,commodities,futures etc. Its a very challenging enviroment and you need to learn alot (knowledge+psychological changes). I am personally studying and demo trading some forex. I have been told you need around 3-5 years of ahrd work to become profittable in something like this so its a great stay at home opportunity. Anybody else has any experience with it ?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You have to be very disciplined and faithful to whatever system you are going to work with. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
    I have several older clients in my computer business that are very wealthy and have huge amounts invested in stocks. It seems to be a love/hate relationship they have with their money. Sometimes they are on top of the world, other times they are completely owned by their commitments.

I remember a lady that started with around 50k back in the early 90's and by the end of the decade she had turned it into just under 500k. Mostly tech stocks, then as you know the dot com bubble burst and she lost everything down to her original 50k.

She was so devastated that she never even turned her computer on again. In her case I think it was success that ended up being her failure.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    First of all, investing and trading are two completely different things. If we are talking about trading then I would very much advice against it, keep in mind that when someone makes money with trading, then that means that another one lost the same amount of money... plus a little more due to commissions. And then again you are going up against people with much larger budgets, more experience etc. I'm not saying that you are automatically doomed to fail, but this is what happens to most people.

I love investing and currently own shares from 11 different companies. However I invest with a long term goal in my mind, only once in a my life have I bought/sold stocks based on a short term hunch.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I trade currencies and it is something that I absolutely love doing. How much time it takes before you are profitable will depend on the individual, there are no hard and fast rules. I would not recommend trying a system for forex, especially any that involve using scripts to automate the buying and selling process. You need to get into the flow, or rhythm, of the pairs that you are trading and adapt to changing market conditions if you are to be successful.

There's no magic formula or key to winning but I strongly believe you need to scale into and out of positions in order to make a profit on a regular basis. I never use stop losses and I always watch prices until I have closed all of my trades. There's a lot more to it than that of course and sometimes the biggest obstacle to making money day trading will be yourself so you need mental fortitude and determination in order to succeed. Finally, for anybody that is thinking of trying it, you should bear in mind that trading is not for everybody and you may simply not have the aptitude for it.

There is a fine line between determination and being too stubborn to admit failure when it comes to trading currencies - I have to admit that I was close to crossing that line a few times myself in the early days!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    First of all, investing and trading are two completely different things. If we are talking about trading then I would very much advice against it, keep in mind that when someone makes money with trading, then that means that another one lost the same amount of money... plus a little more due to commissions. And then again you are going up against people with much larger budgets, more experience etc. I'm not saying that you are automatically doomed to fail, but this is what happens to most people.

I love investing and currently own shares from 11 different companies. However I invest with a long term goal in my mind, only once in a my life have I bought/sold stocks based on a short term hunch.
    I am talking about trading. For me trading is the way to go. I currently trade forex and my goal is around 30% annualy which is doable. I believe trading is a great thing but the main thing about it is that you have to know that only big money creates big money. Very worth the effort IMO.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Trading securities is very much a psychological game, and you have to be able to weather the storms when the market is going against you. Above all you have to be extremely disciplined about cutting your losses and not hanging on in case things turn around. It's exhausting and demoralizing at times, exhilarating at others, so you need a really even temperament - don't even think about it if you get depressed easily!

If you want to try something a little less risky and more intellectual, look at trading options. You need to be good at math, and be prepared to study the craft of trading all the different types of options before you can start. It can be very rewarding though, and with most types of options you can't lose more than you're prepared to risk, the way you can with futures, for example.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It is a tough job being a security trader. However, if you make it in the big leagues, it would be very nice. - Green Water Technologies

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Protections merchants fill in as a mediator among purchasers and dealers inside the monetary venture commercial center. Occupation obligations incorporate buying and selling different types of protections that may incorporate products just as stocks and bonds.10-Mar-2020

Degree Field: Business, financing, bookkeeping,
    Key Skills: Critical reasoning, activity, detail-ori
    Certificate Level: Bachelor's; expert's

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    There are uncertainties everywhere and that is why I switched to swing trading. This way of trading allows you to "exit" in case of real profits, as well as stay in the shadows if there are price fluctuations. Active traders use this style to minimize risks if there is an unstable market situation. This approach is optimal for those who do not have enough time to trade during the day, but have the desire to make a profit. Studying the swing trading strategy https://timthomas.co/6-of-the-best-s...ng-strategies/ will require a lot of time and may seem complicated at first sight, but it will be repaid many times over. Using this strategy also requires an analytical mindset, flexibility and the ability to apply the necessary tactics depending on the situation.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Astora; 06-07-2021 at 12:18 AM.