Thread: What to sell??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What to sell??
    Sarah73_Mail Guest
    Hello all

I have been in business for a while now and have high level skills in computer networks / internet etc. and used to run an ISP. I have been burnt by the IT industry and wish to get into something else.

I have a shopfront on a busy road and am stuck because I can't think of a product or service that I can sell. I have high exposure, would prefer not to carry stock, can employ people etc. BUT WHAT do I sell??

Please help with any suggestions.

Regards
    Sarah

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    What about opening a internet cafe and sell computer time? It really depends on what you enjoy doing. Hope this is a bit of help John

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think the internet cafe would also be a good idea. However, they seem to be much more popular in areas where people are not as likely to have the internet at home, say Europe. However, if there is a demand it could be a good idea. Also, creating more hang out feel with a small coffee/pastry bar and couches could really create a unique atmosphere that could attract the younger crowd. You could also offer computer classes on certain nights as well, or maybe nights where you have open computer game tournaments or something.

Good luck,

-Andrew

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Sarah
    Sarah there is a conference call starting this week that might be a good fit for what you are doing right now in your life. Please see details below:

Helping you to succeed working at home! If you have a homebased business and need help building it or if you would like your own homebased business and need some ideas, you are in the right place. Have Fun!
    PLEASE JOIN THE GROUP CONFERENCE CALL @ 10:00PM(EST) EVERY WED NIGHT! SEE MESSAGE BOARD FOR DETAILS.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristiansAboutBusiness/

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    yes,i agree with Mr.Zink internet cafe is a good idea.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    PAG Electronics is an Electronic Product Development and Manufacturing Company located in Shenzhen (CHINA)

WHAT WE DO
    – We design and develop electronic product (design, conceptualization, prototyping),
    – We manufacture electronic products (tooling, component and parts procurement, quality control, assembly)
    – We manage the supply chain on behalf of customers for electronic products (warehousing, shipping)

Our range of our activities is wide and including- Electronic Feasibility study- Electronic Industrial Product Design- Mechanical Engineering for Electronic items- Hardware Engineering for Electronic and IT- Firmware Engineering for Electronic- Software Application engineering for Electronic- Electronic Prototype,Tooling Engineering Support in China- Electronic parts and components Procurement- Vendor Coordination- Quality Control and Inspection for Electronic- Electronic Assembly in China-Packaging- Warehousing and Logistic

OUR MISSION
    Our mission is to help you to turn innovative idea into product for electronic and IT items in the fastest and most efficient way.

You will save, time, money and energy.

We will help you to establish the right strategy to keep you ahead the competition and avoid to get your product to be copied too fast.

TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATIONS WE DEAL WITH
    Technologies we use:
    – Microcontroler, Soc, Flash / Mass storage, Wireless modules, Positioning modules, Sensor, Batteries, Mechanical
    Applications we deal with:
    – Consummer Electronics- Industrial / Manufacturing / Logistics / Mining- Security- Automotive / Transport- Telecommunication- IT & Computer Parts- Toys- Advertisement and Media- Healthcare and Sport- Lighting- Power management- Sound and video

More information on HYPERLINK “http://www.PAG-ELECTRONICS.COM”

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, before you decide on what product to sell, you should consider somethings. First of all, as you said, you have a shopfront on a busy road, that sounds great; why don't look at other shops on your road. You need to know what people need to buy on this road by eliminating the products which already existed on that road, near your shop. A clothes/shoes/cafe shop is seems good if there are not too many that kind of shop in your area. Your product also don't need to be unique, you can compete with your advantages, for example: nice decoration, high-quality product bonus the good service.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Philips; 11-30-2014 at 06:08 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    I think a good idea is to look at a lot of factors. You have to consider your overhead, your profit margin, if a product is expensive or cheap enough to sell and make you profits in the long run. If it is a busy street, that's good. You have to make sure you eliminate competition by providing products that are not sold by others in that street. You have to look at the needs of the people passing by your store. You have to solve their needs and make a profit out of it. Hope this helps!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hii
    I agree with your points before selling the product you first analyse the Market.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hello all, this will be my first post to this forum. I work for Sephra LP as the business development leader. For anyone who is looking for a highly profitable small business with very little investment, I would recommend looking at our new product called the Zen Waffle Baker. It makes adorable waffles on a stick that you can decorate in dozens of ways. Dip them in chocolate or caramel, add colorful sprinkles, and you have a delicious treat that can be sold for $3 or more each depending on your market. With the free batter mix that we are offering right now, it recoups the entire cost of the baker. Message me if you have specific questions.

Share on facebook

Last edited by SaraSephra; 10-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Great opportunity for start ups as well as established businesses. Caterers, event planners, bridal boutiques, restaurants, cafes, rental companies, banquet halls, bed & breakfasts, and anyone who enjoys making people smile! https://www.sephra.com/zen-waffle-baker