1. Collapse Details
    importing clothing from Portugal and Turkey - tax and duties?
    Hi.

I'm the founder of a women's apparel company based in Texas USA.

We have 3 manufactures - 1 in the USA, 1 in Portugal and 1 in Turkey.

I'm trying to work out:

1) how much local tax will be added to my the pre tax unit prices I'm being quoted by Portuguese and Turkish manufacturers &
    2) how much import duty i will need to pay to bring the good into the USA for sale.

My understanding is that Portugal adds VAT @ 20% to the pre tax unit prices as they are in the EU and are exporting to the USA.

I'm not sure about Turkey?

For the import duties I've used http://www.dutycalculator.com/ to work out the import rate for the different types of garment i am having made - they range between 8% - 16%.

Can anyone assist?

Ewan

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Ah, the taxes and duties. This is supposed to be something we have been anticipating since this is the reality. - Green Water Technologies

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Please notice that importers in Europe should pay the cost-introduced tax (VAT) in full at the time of importation from a non-EU us of a, in Portugal VAT/IVA is presently 23%. Imports from EU international locations handiest pay the IVA while a product is offered.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Please observe that importers in Europe need to pay the price-brought tax (VAT) in complete on the time of importation from a non-EU united states of america, in Portugal VAT/IVA is currently 23%. Imports from EU international locations simplest pay the IVA when a product is bought.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Please be aware that importers in Europe should pay the price-introduced tax (VAT) in full at the time of importation from a non-EU u . S ., in Portugal VAT/IVA is currently 23%. Imports from EU nations simplest pay the IVA while a product is sold.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    A Guide to Importing from Turkey what you have to know The as of late reported ... in Turkey or Portugal or other for shirts and sweatshirts to begin my very own apparel ... or then again zero obligation for products originating from Turkey this is known as 'inclination'. .... Learn traditions freedom expenses in your nation and figure your absolute expense ...

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you don't mind note that shippers in Europe must compensation the worth included expense (VAT) in full at the hour of importation from a non-EU nation, in Portugal VAT/IVA is right now 23%. Imports from EU nations possibly pay the VAT when an item is sold.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    These additional charges are calculated based on the item type and its value. Every country taxes items differently – see how duties are applied in Portugal

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    These additional charges are calculated based on the item type and its value. Every country taxes items differently see how duties are applied in Portugal

Share on facebook