Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Best adsense alternatives
    Maybe you just don't make much with ad sense your account was suspended just when you were about to cash out or for any other reason. You can still monetize your blog or site and earn some good $$$$. Much as I must admit I've only tried out one of the following ad networks, others have used them and come highly recommended [for new web-site owners]:

1. Chitika
    2. Kontera.
    3. Vibrant Media.
    4. Adsite.

I've also heard of yahoo/bing ad network. It could also be worth checking out.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Adsense has a lot of strict rules but pays well. I have not tried the other networks but will definitely do so. I would like to diversify on how many programs I use to earn from my blog. Thanks for sharing.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the list. I've only been using Adsense till now. However, considering how strictly Google enforces its rules, it might be a good idea to diversify.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Wow thanks a lot for these websites. I hope to use them soon as soon as I have established my blogsite or when I create a website of my own. I though Adsense was the only revenue source for Advertisements in websites.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    There are really too many alternatives when it comes to monetizing a web site.

The closest thing to Google Adsense is Bing/Yahoo ads served through http://media.net
    Many people report about the same earning from Bing/yahoo ads as if they run Adsense on the same page.

For CPM ad networks, Tribal Fusion is the king, but it requires at least half a million unique visitors per month to apply. They might still decline your application even if you have already met the minimal traffic requirements. If you can get in, I have heard that the average eCPM is around $2.00. It pays higher than Adsense for the same traffic.
    Second tier CPM ad networks include BurstMedia, ValueClick Media.
    I have applied to both, Burstmedia declined my web site for "your niche is not currently in demand", while ValueClick media accepted my site. VC has been earning me anywhere from $0.3~0.6 per 1k impressions. Currently I am only using it as a backfill for two ad zones.

You can also use affiliation programs such Commission Junction, LinkShare, Clickbank, as well as Amazon ane Ebay.
    They work well if you tweek your site for these affiliation programs. You can actually earn way more from them than simply Adsense banners if you do everything right. As the matter of fact, Amazon Association program is my biggest earner right now.

You can always sell your ad space directly. It can be done with BuySellAds who takes a 25% cut from your revenue. Or you can buy the OIO Publisher platform for $47 and earn all the profit without a middleman. Selling ad space directly can also make several times the profit than Google Adsense on the same web pages.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Great list and thanks for sharing! I've never even heard of some of those, to be honest, and I'm glad you shared because it's always good to have a backup for Adsense since they do tend to be a little too strict and you never know if your account will get banned in the future. I've also already tried Yahoo/Bing's ad network and they are alright too, even though they don't nearly pay as much, at least in my experience. I don't think there are many other ad networks that can compete with Adsense in terms of pay rate, but like I said, it's great to have back up, at least.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think Chitika is the best alternative. It is powered by Yahoo. Yahoo has always and will always be second to Google, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Google and Adsense does pay better but they are a lot more strict and like to ban people for no reason.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru View Post
    Great list and thanks for sharing! I've never even heard of some of those, to be honest, and I'm glad you shared because it's always good to have a backup for Adsense since they do tend to be a little too strict and you never know if your account will get banned in the future. I've also already tried Yahoo/Bing's ad network and they are alright too, even though they don't nearly pay as much, at least in my experience. I don't think there are many other ad networks that can compete with Adsense in terms of pay rate, but like I said, it's great to have back up, at least.
    Some people report higher earnings from Bing/Yahoo ads compare to running adsense on the same pages. Some others report lower earnings. It really depends on the niche as well as how you optimize your site for the ads. On average, Bing/Yahoo ads' payment is comparable to Adsense.

It's wrong to assume there is no other ad network can compete with Adsense. You must be thinking about in CPC term... even in CPC ad networks, like I said Bing/Yahoo ads is comparable.

You can make several times the revenue (compare to adsense) from BuySellAds etc. networks who sell ad space for you. There is no comparison. In my case, it's at least 3x the revenue from BSA. It is also easy enough to join BSA.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Adhitz.com is also a good alternative for those who got banned or not accepted by Google's Adsense. I think the site is owned by (or a sister company of) Clixsense.com, a pioneer and trusted online advertising company. Adhitz offer both banner and text ads - plus you also have the option to sell an ad space in your site.

The company is not that strict when it comes to content - just apply and in a matter of minutes, you can start publishing ads. I don't know the exact rate but in my experience, I earn around 2 to 5 US cents per click. You can easily earn a dollar or more a day If you got lots of traffic.

Another thing that I like most about Adhitz is their low payout requirement - you can cash out once you have $25.00 in earnings. Also, you can get paid via Paypal or Payza (I prefer that method over check payments).

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Affiliates are definitely something that you should look into if you are getting pretty good traffic. If you set up an Amazon affiliate link you can get money if somebody buys something from Amazon. That's not just if they buy something specific to you, that's if they buy anything. So it's definitely a good idea to at least give it a look. I'm a little bit sketchy on some of the other adsense alternatives as I haven't given them too much research. I'd be careful and do research before you use any of them.

Share on facebook