Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Setting up a bank account easy or hard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Setting up a bank account easy or hard
    I'm currently in the process of setting up a bank account for my new company but just seem to be finding it hard. I own Kility Enterprises LTD and have several different websites, some making a income some not making an income. I simply want all the income from those sites to go into 1 account. I've already done an application and had a phonecall back from HSBC going through everything and they said I would have to go in-branch because they would not be able to do it over the phone, to me I dont think the guy understood me. So I visited the Natwest site and spoke to one of their people on livechat who understood what I was saying and said that they can do that, they've arranged someone to get back to me and im just awaiting a phone call. Didnt know it could be so difficult!

Hows your experience with setting up banks been?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    That is kind of crazy being a bigger bank and giving you so many issues! I use a small town credit union and have never had to go into the main branch. I started the account online and received Debit Card and all paper work in the mail. I have had the account for about 3 years and have never had any issues or had to go into the branch for any reason! Probably just a bad 1st impression with someone who misunderstood what you were asking! It may be better for you to just start over and see if you get a better response if HSBC is who you would like to use. Just a thought! Good Luck!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    ick, I haven't been big enough to have to worry about this yet, but not looking forward to it if its this bad

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Setting up a personal bank account should be easy, as long as you have your initial deposit on hand, in addition to proper identification. If you want to open a business bank account, it will be a little more involved as compared to a personal bank account. And, it will depend on the type of business you have, starting from a sole proprietorship to an s-corp or corporation.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah I agree with the above poster, setting up a business bank account will be a lot more involved than setting up a personal one, not quite sure which one you're opening though. But anyway, I think most of the time going to into branch is standard. Some banks do allow you to open an account purely online but you have to submit ID etc.

I've been with Natwest for a while now but before that I tried opening an account with HSBC. I told HSBC I plan on having multiple accounts with different banks (I find it much easier when it comes to bookkeeping as I have an account for different things) and they didn't like this, wasn't much help at all). I would definitely recommend natwest, they also have some good cards with extra benefits such as the silver/gold card.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It's strange that bigger banks act like this. I would think they would love to have some new business clients as they have more capital than normal clients. I think you will always have to go to a bank in person though. Just walk up to a bank and ask them to open a business account. It shouldn't take a lot of time.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Depending on the bank, the location of the bank and the status of the Bank, either financially stable or going bankrupt, a lot of processes would be set in front of you as banks who are going down and under debt are making sure they're current status will not explode. You should find a stable bank, from what I've read HSBC and other banks are going to explode in the near future due to uncollected billions of debts in dollars.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    It shouldn't be that hard. Have you thought about trying Bank of America? My mom opened up a business account there, and she did it easily in about an hour or two. That was ten years ago, so I don't know if things have changed, but you can try?

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hmm, I've had a number of experiences of opening a bank account. It shouldn't be that hard because banks need the money that depositors would be giving to the bank for safekeeping. All you have to do is to fill out some forms and provide identification. It's a lot easier to open an account of you personally go to the bank yourself.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I didn't have any problems opening up my first business checking account. There were a few documents that I need to bring to the bank, but the process went smoothly.

I tend to stay away from online banks. I had an account with CitibankDirect. It was a nightmare. It's completely separate from the brick and mortar banks. I had

Share on facebook