Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Investing in the stock market
    This is of course something you can do as an individual or as a company, depending on which is better for you in terms of expenses.
    I'm doing it as an individual, currently owning shares from 11 different companies with the main idea of getting a decent passive income from their dividends.

Anyone else interested in this? Feel free to share your strategies, companies etc.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Investing is a great way to make your money go to work for you. It is something that many people should explore and the younger you are, the better position you are in to make a decent little nest egg for yourself for your golden years. It takes a lot of research, patience and trial and error to figure out what stocks and other investment vehicles will net you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    When you participate in the stock market you need to know that apart from researching about the best companies to invest in, your financial objectives, knowing the risks surrounding your investments and its technicalities, stock market is also about the psychology of the stakeholders. When I decided to participate, I have dedicated some time to read business news in the morning and continuously learning about the technical analysis to improve my understanding about the stock market.The only strategy that I have known so far is the cost averaging strategy.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I do it solo in my spare time, because it's a hobby of mine. I'll take 10% of my monthly earnings and invest it in stocks. Only invest what you're willing to lose. Don't listen to anyone but your guy, and do your own research. If you're new to investing as a whole, I'd recommend trying out Forex investing first.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I like that you are advising young people to invest their money. But if it's about the stock market, you should also remind them that it's a gamble. Not all stocks end up as cash-able profits. Sometimes, there are losses so big that you are lucky if you leave with what you came with. If ever you decide to invest in the stock market long term. I would suggest that you do your research first especially on newly formed companies with potential. This is a good long term investment because you'll buy your shares for a low price and once the business is successful as you predict, you can sell your shares for an extremely high profit. Just as the first investors of Facebook.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikka254 View Post
    I like that you are advising young people to invest their money. But if it's about the stock market, you should also remind them that it's a gamble. Not all stocks end up as cash-able profits. Sometimes, there are losses so big that you are lucky if you leave with what you came with. If ever you decide to invest in the stock market long term. I would suggest that you do your research first especially on newly formed companies with potential. This is a good long term investment because you'll buy your shares for a low price and once the business is successful as you predict, you can sell your shares for an extremely high profit. Just as the first investors of Facebook.
    Its not a real gamble. Picking stocks and investing is a skill and also a knowledge! To be good at anything you need to have skill and hard earned knowledge!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by novasparker View Post
    Investing is a great way to make your money go to work for you. It is something that many people should explore and the younger you are, the better position you are in to make a decent little nest egg for yourself for your golden years. It takes a lot of research, patience and trial and error to figure out what stocks and other investment vehicles will net you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.
    Couldn't agree with you more novasparker, I am only 20 years old, but I have had the dream of playing the stock market since I was a young little boy. I still have not got playing, but the advice that your are giving is exactly what I hear from my father. He talks about starting young and everything. great advice, I highly suggest using a demo account, to learn the market a little before investing with real currency.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerohs View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more novasparker, I am only 20 years old, but I have had the dream of playing the stock market since I was a young little boy. I still have not got playing, but the advice that your are giving is exactly what I hear from my father. He talks about starting young and everything. great advice, I highly suggest using a demo account, to learn the market a little before investing with real currency.
    You are young, you are not in a hurry so you should definitely look into more long term investing.
    I would very highly recommend you take a look at dividend aristocrats and think about acquiring some of them, you have a long life ahead of you and steadily increasing dividend growth could very well make you very happy one day.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    You are young, you are not in a hurry so you should definitely look into more long term investing.
    I would very highly recommend you take a look at dividend aristocrats and think about acquiring some of them, you have a long life ahead of you and steadily increasing dividend growth could very well make you very happy one day.
    Or maybe he could get a tenbagger as Peter Lynch likes to say! Imagine how rich are people who invested in Wal-Mart when it was local!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Or maybe he could get a tenbagger as Peter Lynch likes to say! Imagine how rich are people who invested in Wal-Mart when it was local!
    Yep, now if only my damn crystal ball would tell me what those ten baggers are!
    Actually I just invested into my first real growth company today... having mixed feelings but I think it will work out well. Just $1250 though, I want to keep the stakes low with these more risky types of investments.

Share on facebook