Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Investing in the stock market
    This is of course something you can do as an individual or as a company, depending on which is better for you in terms of expenses.
    I'm doing it as an individual, currently owning shares from 11 different companies with the main idea of getting a decent passive income from their dividends.

Anyone else interested in this? Feel free to share your strategies, companies etc.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Investing is a great way to make your money go to work for you. It is something that many people should explore and the younger you are, the better position you are in to make a decent little nest egg for yourself for your golden years. It takes a lot of research, patience and trial and error to figure out what stocks and other investment vehicles will net you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    When you participate in the stock market you need to know that apart from researching about the best companies to invest in, your financial objectives, knowing the risks surrounding your investments and its technicalities, stock market is also about the psychology of the stakeholders. When I decided to participate, I have dedicated some time to read business news in the morning and continuously learning about the technical analysis to improve my understanding about the stock market.The only strategy that I have known so far is the cost averaging strategy.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I do it solo in my spare time, because it's a hobby of mine. I'll take 10% of my monthly earnings and invest it in stocks. Only invest what you're willing to lose. Don't listen to anyone but your guy, and do your own research. If you're new to investing as a whole, I'd recommend trying out Forex investing first.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yep, stocks are good investments especially if you know what you're doing. Research and updates about the companies and the stock market as a whole is of course vital. And yes, diversification is key.

Those who don't have sufficient time to do some much needed research could just settle for mutual funds or other safer instruments.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    The stock market scares me, especially after its big crash a few years ago. My problem is that I don't understand it and haven't been good at math/making predictions. It's just too risky for my liking.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I've never researched the stock market much, but I do have quite a bit of experience in forex trading. As a beginner, I would highly recommend against scalping (opening and closing a trade within a few minutes), I don't think this method of trading is as prominent in stocks as it is forex though. Also keep leverage to a minimum, that's one of many things that could easily burn your money.

Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give on stocks, my expertise is forex!

I've always been interested in stock trading though, what's everyone's take on penny stocks?

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jubvman View Post
    I've never researched the stock market much, but I do have quite a bit of experience in forex trading. As a beginner, I would highly recommend against scalping (opening and closing a trade within a few minutes), I don't think this method of trading is as prominent in stocks as it is forex though. Also keep leverage to a minimum, that's one of many things that could easily burn your money.

Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give on stocks, my expertise is forex!

I've always been interested in stock trading though, what's everyone's take on penny stocks?
    Opening and closing positions within minutes rarely exists on the stock market. A lot of trades are done in a slightly longer time scale, within a an hour or two. These are mainly robots which try to predict future movements by algorithms but normal people do this too. I however recommend against it, it's very risky.

As for penny stocks... in my opinion it's not worth it. You are investing in small companies that probably aren't even profitable. You could strike gold but the chances of doing that are quite small.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it. But if it's your first time, I won't hold my breath on it. It takes a while to study the rates and the flow of money in stocks. It's like gambling if you don't know the business inside it because all you would do is guess. it's also best to have a financial adviser to give you tips before you place your money on just about any stock.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I have made some investments in the stock market but only stocks that I know are not a risk. I will probably invest some more money if I have to time to manage it properly. I don't link to have my money sitting somewhere and then after a few months check up on it, I want it to be active and I want to see the fluctuations everyday so see what the trend of the stock is.

Share on facebook