Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 160
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jfab View Post
    I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it. But if it's your first time, I won't hold my breath on it. It takes a while to study the rates and the flow of money in stocks. It's like gambling if you don't know the business inside it because all you would do is guess. it's also best to have a financial adviser to give you tips before you place your money on just about any stock.
    Obviously a lot of research is required in order to understand exactly how the company works, where their profits and expenses come from etc. Then you have to make your own assumptions on how they will do in the future. There is always a risk, but gambling is the wrong word for it.

    I would highly recommend not having a financial advisor when it comes to the stock market. For one, if they are really that good at the stock market then they will be lying on a beach on a tropical island with a laptop, not sitting in a bank. They also work for the bank and will be trying to sell you the banks own products. I talk to mine about once a year but never anything stock related, I just need her to recommend me different savings accounts according to my situation.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    The stock market and investing in stocks is a pretty good idea specially when you have knowledge in manipulating the data of when to buy stocks and what stocks are the most stable. Even in your local area, you could actually make profit by just buying and selling stocks. A lot of companies also make income through the stock market like most insurance companies. It is really a great deal to invest some money into stocks.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    I hope you don't mind me going off topic just a little. How would you people compare between trading stocks and trading Forex? Which is more favorable to you and why?


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by myepicdemise View Post
    I hope you don't mind me going off topic just a little. How would you people compare between trading stocks and trading Forex? Which is more favorable to you and why?
    I personally prefer Forex. Comparing Forex to stocks the main differences are volatility (higher in Forex, more risk more reward), Leverage is far greater in Forex (a double edged sword!) and trading hours. I prefer Forex because I think it is harder to manipulate than stock prices (even though its very dangerous as well).


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Delusional, you are more like a day trader. You like to take action and take advantage of minute trends in the market, rather than a buy and hold investor who likes to try and ride out the bumps in the market. Day traders make smaller profits more often (when they get it right) and tend to believe that doing a bunch of transactions over time will net a greater profit and minimize losses. Many people have done this successfully, but can be tricky. Good luck


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jubvman View Post
    I've never researched the stock market much, but I do have quite a bit of experience in forex trading. As a beginner, I would highly recommend against scalping (opening and closing a trade within a few minutes), I don't think this method of trading is as prominent in stocks as it is forex though. Also keep leverage to a minimum, that's one of many things that could easily burn your money.

    Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give on stocks, my expertise is forex!

    I've always been interested in stock trading though, what's everyone's take on penny stocks?

    When you say FOREX, are you referring to the BINARY OPTIONS? I thought it is more like a gambling than investment, especially when you are trading based on time. There is also a bigger risk in FOREX than stocks I think, because either you win a certain percentage of the money you put in, or you LOSE everything!

    Stock market is simply buying shares of a company making you a part-owner (or investor) of the said company. You earn passive income through dividends and of course through the ever changing value of the stock shares depending on when you are going to sell it.

    In Forex, it doesn't require you to do much of the fundamental or technical analysis, but rather just guess whether the currency is going to high or low.

    Certainly, I would be willing to try FOREX, just to know how it really works, but I will remain and continue to invest through the stock market.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    This is something that I've never done, but I've always been interested in it. I've always wondered if "real people" (not super wealthy ones!) ever actually make money from owning stocks. I'm sure some do, but I'm just too scared to lose my little bit of money, so I never invest.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    Opening and closing positions within minutes rarely exists on the stock market. A lot of trades are done in a slightly longer time scale, within a an hour or two. These are mainly robots which try to predict future movements by algorithms but normal people do this too. I however recommend against it, it's very risky.

    As for penny stocks... in my opinion it's not worth it. You are investing in small companies that probably aren't even profitable. You could strike gold but the chances of doing that are quite small.
    Yeah I agree with you, scalping is definitely dangerous for anyone. As for the penny stocks, I wasn't quite sure how many companies became profitable enough to make it worth while so thanks for clarifying that.

    I think the safest method for someone investing in the markets would be index funds like the NASDAQ, FTSE, DOW, NIKKEI etc.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    When you say FOREX, are you referring to the BINARY OPTIONS? I thought it is more like a gambling than investment, especially when you are trading based on time. There is also a bigger risk in FOREX than stocks I think, because either you win a certain percentage of the money you put in, or you LOSE everything!

    Stock market is simply buying shares of a company making you a part-owner (or investor) of the said company. You earn passive income through dividends and of course through the ever changing value of the stock shares depending on when you are going to sell it.

    In Forex, it doesn't require you to do much of the fundamental or technical analysis, but rather just guess whether the currency is going to high or low.

    Certainly, I would be willing to try FOREX, just to know how it really works, but I will remain and continue to invest through the stock market.
    I'm not too familiar with all the terminology so not quite sure what you mean by binary options. Forex is currency trading and two currencies are involved in each trade, for example you buy Yen in exchange for Dollar (in which case you are short USD/JPY).

    There is definitely a lot of fundamental, technical and sentimental analysis involved in forex so I wouldn't consider it gambling. However over here in the UK your profits can be tax free if you trade under a spread betting broker as the government consider it gambling!


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I personally prefer Forex. Comparing Forex to stocks the main differences are volatility (higher in Forex, more risk more reward), Leverage is far greater in Forex (a double edged sword!) and trading hours. I prefer Forex because I think it is harder to manipulate than stock prices (even though its very dangerous as well).
    I wouldn't say that the volatility itself is higher in Forex. Changes (percentage wise) are rarely as large as with stocks, for example the 52 week range of EUR.USD is 1.2749 - 1.3882. So less than 10%. Most stocks have much more volatility. More risk more reward is true but only because you are using leveraged products, which are also available to most publicly traded stocks.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •