Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    I think the minimum startup investment to get into stock market varies from many different countries. In my country, you can create a stockbroker account for free and start with the minimum of US$120 (based on today's forex rate). I tried to invest in the stock market from other countries such as Singapore and Japan and I found it to be different from what I used to know and experienced in my country.
    In the end it's about the commission. For long term investment, I think anything under 1% is acceptable. So if you manage to pay only $1 per puchase of commission, then $100 would be ok. So yes, definitely varies by which market you want to invest in and who your broker is.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Want to share some of the companies and how it's going for you? I've already been way too scared to invest in stocks.. especially in today's market. Didn't the stock market just take a huge plummet? The only thing that I think would be fun about owning stocks is being able to wake up and check them every day. It's all a gamble, and I don't know why anyone does it who doesn't have a lot of money to spare. If I were to come into some money somehow, I may give it a try. Otherwise, I am not too much of a gambling person.

Going really well at the moment for me. The market has been going up for a long time now, so most people should have a positive balance at the moment!
    Some of my companies which I love:
    Aqua America
    Raytheon
    Philip Morris

Growing, more or less stable, good dividend history etc. These will not make you rich instantly but will very likely lead to a long term growth.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    Going really well at the moment for me. The market has been going up for a long time now, so most people should have a positive balance at the moment!
    Some of my companies which I love:
    Aqua America
    Raytheon
    Philip Morris

Growing, more or less stable, good dividend history etc. These will not make you rich instantly but will very likely lead to a long term growth.
    I have my eye on Chipotle. Its too overpriced currently but I plan to enter when the prices falls down. Their growth compared to their balance sheet (tons of cash and little debt) is really unbelievable.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have been investing in the stock markets for the past two years or so. Before selecting a company to invest into, I undertake quite an amount of research. The first thing which I look for is whether the company has a management which is clean and has had a good track record. Then I look for the potential competitive advantages it enjoys in comparison to the other players in the industry. Next on the list is whether they have defaulted on their credit or not. I also look at their past financial results. Budding investors are advised to always research the company they want to invest into

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I have my eye on Chipotle. Its too overpriced currently but I plan to enter when the prices falls down. Their growth compared to their balance sheet (tons of cash and little debt) is really unbelievable.
    The growth and their financials definitely look promising. However... a P/E of over 50!?
    You're right, looks like an interesting company but definitely overpriced at the moment.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    The growth and their financials definitely look promising. However... a P/E of over 50!?
    You're right, looks like an interesting company but definitely overpriced at the moment.
    Exactly, I am hoping for a big correction of the stock market to enter a position. I would consider entering under a P/E of 25. Its not very likely that it will happen soon but I have my eye on it.

Do you have any stocks you have your eye on ?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    With a P/E of 25 that would look like a good buy. However that would require a huge correction and then some bad news for the company itself.

Currently I'm planning on increasing my positions in the companies which I currently own. I'm probably going to increase my position in IRC, mainly for their steady monthly dividends. I'd also love to buy some more Raytheon but the price has climbed quite high. Aqua America is also interesting but their percentage of my portfolio is already rather large.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    With a P/E of 25 that would look like a good buy. However that would require a huge correction and then some bad news for the company itself.

Currently I'm planning on increasing my positions in the companies which I currently own. I'm probably going to increase my position in IRC, mainly for their steady monthly dividends. I'd also love to buy some more Raytheon but the price has climbed quite high. Aqua America is also interesting but their percentage of my portfolio is already rather large.
    Yeah, I love the company because of its balance sheet and their possibilities on the market. The market is overpriced now I believe it can really go down alot in the right conditions. Im also checking out Noodles&Co. Ill check out your other listings too so we can comment.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Yeah, I love the company because of its balance sheet and their possibilities on the market. The market is overpriced now I believe it can really go down alot in the right conditions. Im also checking out Noodles&Co. Ill check out your other listings too so we can comment.
    I definitely agree on the market being overpriced. However seeing as the big boys want to keep pumping money into the market, prices could rise for a long time. I still keep buying in low quantities, with some cash always on the side in case the crash does come.

The thing is: looking at the companies, we seem to have very different strategies. Whereas you seem to go for companies with a lot of growth potential, I prefer playing it safe. I also aim for a good dividend income, not relying so much on the increase in the price of shares.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I definitely agree on the market being overpriced. However seeing as the big boys want to keep pumping money into the market, prices could rise for a long time. I still keep buying in low quantities, with some cash always on the side in case the crash does come.

The thing is: looking at the companies, we seem to have very different strategies. Whereas you seem to go for companies with a lot of growth potential, I prefer playing it safe. I also aim for a good dividend income, not relying so much on the increase in the price of shares.
    this is a very good point crimsonghost747. I also invest in companies that pays good dividend income regularly. I also monitor local business news because I can easily find there hints about what companies are doing and the next best things to happen.

Share on facebook