Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Marketing for Raw Materials
    So I don't usually do a lot, or really any, work int he raw material industry on a day-to-day basis, but my folks run a firweood business in New England and they've asked me to set up a site for them. That's big for them, they're not of a generation or an industry that really embraces technology. But now I've struggling trying to think of how to market firewood on the internet...The best of I've come up with is sort of a 'About us' main page and a contact form for wholesalers looking too do business. So I guess the question is this; How would you upwell a raw material like wholesale firewood via webpage?

I know this topic is a bit obscure, but I'm stuck here. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks guys.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    If you look around the net you'll find sites that actually sell firewood. Take a look:

http://www.logloglogs.com/

http://firewood.com/

http://www.buyfirewoodonline.com/

So, you see others already selling firewood online [how do they go about it?]. You could take a look at their web-sites and learn what you can from them simply by observing: the layout, links. . .such kind of stuff. After that you'll have to go right back to planning how you're going to promote the web-site. Creating a web-site is as easy as A, B, C but attracting the right visitors can be difficult but not impossible. Good thing is you'll learn all you can free online. Just create the web-site and join an internet marketing community. You'll learn from experienced members how to promote your business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    You should give the customers your detailed location or shops and you should also indicate the price ranges of buying firewood. You could also place discounts for the people who buy in bigger bulk as this would attract customers. Advertise your website locally and continue to promote your business through your website and you should do well and fine.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think if you're in the wholesale business you'd need to appeal to businesses instead of consumers, so a website probably won't do much aside from informing other potential businesses about purchases to your company. I think just a detailed and nice looking website would do, especially when you are trying to grab the attention of business owners, and probably the most important thing is that your logo and website design represents your company's identity the best way possible and not looking generic or rushed.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Marketing would be having a nice website that looks intriguing for the visitor. If your website is all boring, noone will want to buy from it. Also, you could try sponsoring other products to help gain awareness.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    One way to catch viewers on a raw materials website is to show a very simple home page, one that is easy to navigate and easy to use. Too much words would seem boring and tedious, so try to add pictures with classy fonts.

Also I suggest displaying your products on the homepage and display a list of benefits why wholesalers should buy the raw materials from your business and not from your competitors. Just try to show your customers why they should be your customers.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You can always advertise on forums related to the topic material. Such as a wood working forum or deck building.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Well, your main customers include the businesses who further process wood in order to make various products. So, I would recommend you to advertise on those forums on which people talk about furniture. You could also try to advertise on those websites which dissipate knowledge about furniture making and designs.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    i guess the best way you should do that to post links on forums and you should give the customer your detailed your location and you should also promote your business through social media and and the sites related to your business

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Fire wood promotion
    Hello here is my two cents worth of wood:

craigslist , hire an ad poster to put ads on the areas where the supply sells wood
    find every online classifieds site you can and add there too
    offline print works great for this type of business, I burn wood and these are places I look to find fire wood

hope this helps

Share on facebook