Thread: Textbroker

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Textbroker
    I've seen this site mentioned on here a few times. I actually wrote for them many years ago and had great luck with them. However, recently there's been a lot of down talk about them. In fact, someone even mentioned they're filing for bankruptcy. Has anyone else heard this?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I also write for Textbroker and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I've always been paid on time and every time. I'm very happy with them and besides the Yahoo! Contributor Network, they are my top earner for writing articles online. I hope they don't go bankrupt since they've been around so long ad are so reliable. There are too many fly by night sites who end up closing down and never paying anyone these days.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Can anyone provide some more information about TextBroker? For example how long the articles have to be, what the pay is, requirements, ...
    I would love to have a way of earning some extra cash.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Delusional,
    Textbroker is a content mill. They accept writers from any English speaking country. One you register, you'll have to write a sample article which their editors will review and rate. At this time you get assigned a writing level: 2, 3,4 or 5. The higher the rating, the better you get paid. The initial rating you get determines how much you earn per word.

The length of the articles varies from client to client so while some may require 500 word articles, others may need longer articles.

If you wish to proceed:

http://textbroker.com

p.s I think the rumors about textbroker going bankrupt are false.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Tried it but didn't like it that much. Good luck with it if you choose to try, I can't remember what the pay was like but at the time I determined it was not enough for me to keep on writing.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Delusional,
    Textbroker is a content mill. They accept writers from any English speaking country. One you register, you'll have to write a sample article which their editors will review and rate. At this time you get assigned a writing level: 2, 3,4 or 5. The higher the rating, the better you get paid. The initial rating you get determines how much you earn per word.

The length of the articles varies from client to client so while some may require 500 word articles, others may need longer articles.

If you wish to proceed:

http://textbroker.com

p.s I think the rumors about textbroker going bankrupt are false.
    Textbroker is not available outside the US except some Northern Hemisphere countries. Here is the FAQ:

Can I work as an author for Textbroker even though I'm not a US citizen?

Unfortunately, due to U.S. tax regulations, we can only employ U.S. citizens and residents as freelancers at this time.
    However, our sister site, http://www.textbroker.co.uk, accepts English writers from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the Republic of Ireland. Please review the information at textbroker.co.uk and consider registering there.
    If you are a U.S. citizen abroad, please sign up for textbroker.com and send us a scanned copy of your U.S. ID.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I wrote for TB a long time ago, which is why I was surprised to hear that rumor. Thing is, they haven't had much work unless you're a L5 lately and I don't have that even though I did freelance writing for 10 years. I'm currently taking a break from writing but still have my ears out because I want to keep in the know in case I choose to go back in the future.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I make a very comfortable income from Textbroker. I am a level five writer, but I just got promoted in October. Before that, I was an L4 for two years. Things have been slow around there lately, but for the most part, it's a good site. I sometimes make $1300 or $1400 a week there.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I would not doubt the rumours of bankruptcy. Sites like Textbroker are a dime a dozen. Obviously writers like us will look for the best site to write contents for. This can mean the highest payout per article or simply an easy to understand and user friendly site. I enjoyed using the website when I was heavy into writing articles a while back. Eventually I moved on to other content websites that I liked better and ditched Textbroker. If you like it, then stick with it. Just be careful about leaving money in your account too long before requesting a payment.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I've heard a great deal about this company. But nothing bad so far.
    I have tried several projects with eLance. It's pretty good and I made decent money but it takes so long to find something. And I'm not willing to spend that much time on one small job.
    Textbroker seems legitimate and if it has been around this long maybe there's something to it.

Share on facebook