Thread: Textbroker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan989 View Post
    I signed up for Textbroker in April 2013 and got rated a 4, but then I started working 60 hours a week and didn't have the time to write anything for Textbroker. I just logged into it again yesterday and noticed that there don't seem to be as many articles available to write as I remember there being last year, but I still might give it a try. Are there other similar sites that are more popular?
    This is exactly what I mean... They seem to have less and less articles every time I look too. There really aren't any other content sites that I know of that offer much work. There's TheContentAuthority.com but they seem to be having a lack of work too. I think that content mills have run their course, work has dried up and now you almost have to be willing to take on private clients, which brings with it a huge lot of irritations and inconveniences, which is why I don't do it.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I've written for textbroker previously and I like the work, except there didn't seem to be as much of a diversity of articles as there was when I had written for them before. I know it pays to check back in with them frequently though, since this can change at any time. I hadn't heard about them possibly going bankrupt however, and I hope that's not the case for them. I think textbroker is a great way for new writer's to break into the field. I've looked at information and signed up for Yahoo contributor, but I haven't completed everything that I need too in order to get started writing for Yahoo so I need to get on that one. I haven't looked into eLance, which sounds like it might be a nice site, as well.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I'm signed up with Textbroker UK and was assigned a level 3. There's rarely any work available for people under level 4 so I've pretty much given up on the site. I've made more money selling my writing on Fiverr.

Share on facebook

dollarBLAB | A blog about how to make money online
    Make money online with Neobux | ClixSense | Swagbucks | Ipsos

4. Collapse Details
    I actually applied there too but I haven't gotten any rates yet or feedback. How long does it usually take? I think it's been 2 weeks since I have my application with them.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    How annoying. I went to sign up and then realised they only accept US authors. Always getting jipped in Australia! Looks like a useful site.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I really don't like Textbroker. I write for Scripted and Constant Content. Plus I have my own writing business. I think Textbroker is legit but you have to write a hell of a lot for pennies. You might as well put a gig on Fiverr or on my Micro Job Site, Jobsforfiveeuros.com, its the same sort of thing as Fiverr but we pay in Euro's.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I write articles through TextBroker, and I haven't heard anything about bankruptcy. I always get paid on time. I have tried other article writing sites, and I feel TextBroker is one of the best, in regards to turnaround time and pay. I have had great luck grabbing a few $20-$40 articles lately.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I've researched this site a bit before and from the comments I've seen, they do seem to be a good source of income for writers and they seem to be very legitimate. I don't think it's available to international residents, though, and I think they are only offering their positions to U.S. residents. Also, from some of the comments I've seen, they seem to be pretty strict with their standards, especially with punctuation, so it might be best to get that down before trying out for their test since your rank could mean a big difference for your earning capacity.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetised View Post
    How annoying. I went to sign up and then realised they only accept US authors. Always getting jipped in Australia! Looks like a useful site.
    You can use textbroker.co.uk as an Australian. A lot more countries are accepted there.

I've been struggling for work recently. Doesn't seem to be much around so my income from it is much reduced. There was a time I was writing 4 or 5 articles a day, now I'm lucky to do that in a week.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    They are definitely not going out of business. They were one of the first websites to pay people to write articles like this. If there is truth in this rumor someone will buy the company out and no one will know if it ever even switched hands.

Share on facebook