Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Starting a Graphic design Business
    Hello friends!

I am new in Small business forums. I need some help. Me and my best friend are graphic designers and we want to start our own graphic design firm from home. I have a question regarding the share of profit that each of us will get from the business. Actually my partner will mostly be involved in finding clients(both online and otherwise), getting works from them and doing business dealings with them. And I will mostly be doing the actual work, that is, making the designs for the clients. So my question is how are we going to share the profit between us? Will it be fifty fifty share? Will I get more as I will be doing the hard work(designing) and my partner get less as he will be doing the soft work(hunting for work and business dealings). To be precise, how shall we divide the share? I am confused. Please help.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I would say 50/50 while you are saying you are doing the hard work your partner is too with out him or her you would have no design work to do. I would also say it is harder to get the business as you have to prove to the client that you are the right choice. Or since you are both designers why not split it you do the getting new clients one week while your friend does the graphics then switch the following week. Then you will know who has the hardest job.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    We can always learn from others to work better or differently to achieve success. Whether it’s in our personal lives or in business, we can always do better. So,You have to share half of the business profit with your partner. If you still have any kind of doubt then you can take advice from good business consultants. They can provide you the points for business success.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Actually, my daughter is a graphic designer. According to what she has been relating to me. Being one focuses more on a project basis since you will deal with different clients. Maybe, she was trying to point out that you could choose whether to have a deal like a per project basis or who got the client. It could also be dividing your income ( less your expenses incurred) among yourselves. I should say that putting up a design business would likely depend on your agreements. The best way is to talk and compromise of what could be better and find ways first to establish your business.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    you must work with as a freelancer you find good income.....

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    You guys need to make some rules from the start so you don't start "bitchin" about who is working the most and things like that. If you TEAM UP you need to WORK as a team. I would say 45/45 and keep the last 10% in your business. Maybe you want to create something bigger in the future, so it's always a good thing to have some more capital in the business. And btw. I don't know how you get clients, but if I were you guys, I would create a blog about what you guys do and start sharing it on Social Media, it's a great way to get some traffic which can leads into new clients. If you don't get enough customers and you want more work, go and build your reputation up on fiverr.com

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Find yourself a 'sample' partnership agreement. Change it as you need to reflect each of your business contributions and agree upon split of monies flowing into the business, ensure BOTH of your signatures are required, for business cheques and business account. Divide the 'control' of the monies since it's 'excellent financial management' that is the backbone, of any successful business. Once you've drawn and agreed upon the document, get a lawyer to review and ensure it's legality, sign before a Notary. Keep copies for each partner and original with a lawyer. Will this cost? yes, but better to be safe, than sorry.

Share on facebook

Costs of a Virtual EA can prove cost effective, visit Virtual Writing Desk

8. Collapse Details
    you can find cheap user form the odesk and upwork

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hello!

Honestly, I think because you will work as a team and both of your jobs are essential, i think the first option is to divide it fifty/fifty. Although you might say that your job is doing the hard work, I think that without your partner, you will not do the hard work at all. As a designer will not be used if there are no customers. Because of that, I think it is best to divide it evenly. 50/50.

Regards!
    Smartkpis

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    If you comparing yourself then your business life decreasing day by day. The best thing is you both start hunting and hire a guy who will work for you. Then you will earn more without any misunderstandings. Because Finding jobs and talk with clients is not a east peezy job.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam88 View Post
    Hello friends!

I am new in Small business forums. I need some help. Me and my best friend are graphic designers and we want to start our own graphic design firm from home. I have a question regarding the share of profit that each of us will get from the business. Actually my partner will mostly be involved in finding clients(both online and otherwise), getting works from them and doing business dealings with them. And I will mostly be doing the actual work, that is, making the designs for the clients. So my question is how are we going to share the profit between us? Will it be fifty fifty share? Will I get more as I will be doing the hard work(designing) and my partner get less as he will be doing the soft work(hunting for work and business dealings). To be precise, how shall we divide the share? I am confused. Please help.

Share on facebook

If you're looking to buy flat in nearby Chandigarh location then visit on given links Flat in Chandigarh, Flat Sale Mohali, Property For Sale Zirakpur - ApnaaGhar.com