Thread: Blogging

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blogging
    love blogs and most of my websites now are blogs, my home business/mlm site is a blog

blogs are full of what search engines want and need thats keywords and content

content is king

a few years ago it was relatively easy to have an email newsletter as spam filters where a gleam in billy boys eye

now in email you cant use words like mlm income etc without your email getting perhaps filtered out

i still have email reports etc but everything is on a webpage

in past year i have just started with rss and atom feeds and have had a lot of luck and have just finished looking at a video from james maduk in his shhhhhh internet marketing site about rss feeds

and in it he says that he reckons that inawhile there will be so many rss and atom feeds that getting them read will be as hard as email is

so he has just started talking about direct marketing 2 desktop look at msn messanger thats what desktop marketing is

for thjose who dont think network marketing and mlm dont go together

how about mlm companies alerting us to new training sessions etc

you have a customer for your mlm and u download a desktop marketing avatar which gives him inffo on say a new edition of newsletter a new product

ways to use this are endless

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Blogs are great its true
    WeBlogs are really good, I agree.

I started my first blog earlier this year, did minimal site submissions to directories, just the main Blog directories and couple of relevant directories, to do with martial arts.

But I didn't realise how viral blogs can be. I've only posted a handful of posts, and already I'm on the first page of search engine results and getting increasingly more and more traffic!

I also started one related to my business Stock Control Software, made no submissions but to the main search engines, and that has started to gain traffic despite the sparse content.

It is much much easier than developing a great site, because CONTENT IS KING! and blogs are just content!

I dont think enough ppl are capitalising on blogs as yet, so its still a very valid form of viral marketing, that is not totally saturated as yet, though give it another 12 - 18 months, we'll see the effect of blogs lessening in the advertising space time continuum.

[Edited: Reason for edit - removal of URLs]

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It depends on what you need.

If you are just an affiliate, a blog could work, but not if you are trying to build a community like this one.

Blogs fit a certain need just like forums and CMS's. I've never been too big on the hype (although I have one) since it is just a lazy man's webpage (I'm not against lazy).

The downside is that nobody learns to code anything, they don't learn about ROI, they don't learn about ad placement or anything else need to make a successful website.

Brandon

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I'm looking for a free blog where I already have a built-in audience. A site that caters to business communities, so that I could post advertisements and entries related to business in my own blog.

Does anyone know one?

Please let me know. Thanks!!!!

Gladys

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Gladys,

I may have what you want, I think, except since the site is new, the established traffic or built-in audience isn't there yet. It's not totally business focused, but targets a core profile of business and professional.

I have been specifically targeting people who want to write - a blog is one option on my site. It's not the typical blog site, but a forum site with one forum set aside for Member blogs. So, I don't know if this will serve you well.

You have to be a paying Member to access that Forum (the very inexpensive Silver option works for this), and if you are not providing quality content but simply using it as a means of cheap advertising - it will not be worth your effort on my site because that sort of thing is frowned upon and would be eliminated. This would be at outlet for a writer or someone wanting to make a little "long-term investment" in quality. It's 24HourForums.com if you care to check it out.

Good luck,

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Blogging
    I know of 3 blogs that will accept guest posts that are only focused on small businesses and those that market to them. I know they are open to guest contributors so you might check them out and use the email links on the sites. smbceo.com, smbtrendwire.com and smallbiztrends.com

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by we-host
    I'm looking for a free blog where I already have a built-in audience. A site that caters to business communities, so that I could post advertisements and entries related to business in my own blog.

Does anyone know one?

Gladys
    Using wordpress, you can get an Adsense plugin that inserts the adsense code in the click of a button.
    Thats your best choice

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    The internet, and now specialy with Blog the potential for financial freedom is endless. If you don't have a blog, get one it's free, fun and fascinating. If you need any help you can always ask.
    Just strarted a month ago and already getting rewards...
    good luck

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Small word of warning...

Yes blogs are great, and there are some great free blogging tools out there, but personally I wouldn't want such an important part of my business hosted on a free server which I had no control over!

There are some superb blogging scripts such as WordPress and Movable Type which you can set up very easily on your own server and will give you the security and control that your business deserves...

I've heard several horror stories from people losing posts or entire blogs so do be careful who you use to host your blog - do a little reseach and make the most out of this fantastic promotional tool!

Just my 2 pennies...

Bill

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by we-host View Post

Does anyone know one?

Gladys
    There are lots of blogs out there you could use like Tumblr, Blogger, Blog and Blogspot. You can also set up through Wordpress. All these are free. But if you want a more customized and professional looking blogs, you can also pay for them by using their upgrade. Hope this helps.

Share on facebook