1. Collapse Details
    How much has changed?
    Hey everyone!

I used to work for an online manufacturer/retailer of natural supplements, in a time that we were doing lots of article marketing, social media like Facebook and Pinterest, and of course blogging. I took a few years to work as a peon and am now back working with marketing for a small business in Colorado. Most of their customers are found online through Etsy, and the hope is that customer base will continue to grow even as we open a studio in Colorado from which to sell as well.

My question is this - I expected to come back to online marketing with everything being completely different, and that doesn't seem to be the case. Content marketing, social media marketing, blogs - all seems to be the same. Is that true, or am I researching incorrectly? Also, I heard that article marketing is dead. Is this true, or is it just that Google has changes from quantity to quality of articles? Should I still be investing in sites like Ezine, or is there something else more deserving of my attention?

Thanks for everything in advance?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Well all the techniques of Social Media Marketing, Blog writing, Content marketing are still same but Article marketing is not dead yet. Still effective it is. And yes Google likes QUALITY of Back-links or Content better than quantity. Ezine is still the best.

But now look for Domain Authority sites not Page Rank (PR).

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hi smacarthur, hope the new job is going well!

This may be different in the US as you guys always seem to be ahead of the curve, but I think mobile-targeting has become particularly significant recently, and you could look at options like sending push notifications to people in the local area, or geo-targeting people who are within the vicinity of the studio.

I can imagine content marketing, blogs, social media, etc. work really well for an Etsy-friendly business - are they doing regular email marketing to their audience as well as social media?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    All White hat seo methods are still important. you can use Guest posting or blog posting in High DA/PA sites. and Google wants Quality content. Ezine is a good site bur I am not sure that it's giving a Dofollow backlink or Nofollow backlink.

Share on facebook

QA Tester in an Software Consultancy Services | Nexsoftsys

5. Collapse Details
    nice information.......

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    nice information great best of luck

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie_ivoucher View Post
    Hi smacarthur, hope the new job is going well!

This may be different in the US as you guys always seem to be ahead of the curve, but I think mobile-targeting has become particularly significant recently, and you could look at options like sending push notifications to people in the local area, or geo-targeting people who are within the vicinity of the studio.

I can imagine content marketing, blogs, social media, etc. work really well for an Etsy-friendly business - are they doing regular email marketing to their audience as well as social media?
    Yes, mobile has become a big deal. Make sure your website is responsive since most of the people will look it up on their phones (since you sell natural supplements I suppose you are targeting mostly young people)

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Hello!

A few years off in technology means decades in this world.

Certainly all the channels you mentioned are still very valid and strong. I would say that Facebook should be the starting point for any business (or almost). There are many newer platforms that can be used quite effectively at a fairly low cost since they are so fresh. Snapchat is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

My only concern with Facebook is that it is almost saturated. Meaning everyone posts ads on there. You are competing with all the giants and quite frankly their ads and marketing are very good. Unless you have design skills and a lot of creativity it's a hard world on Facebook!

Feel free to message me should you have any specific questions. There are a lot of newer platforms out there, another valid option is to use influencer marketing. If done properly this can be very powerful.

Share on facebook