Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My business account was opened at the local branch without any problems as long as I had all of the right papers with me. I don't understand why you should have a problem if you have the correct papers. All though we like to do most things online I feel there are some things you should do in person if you are local to avoid problems that can slow down the process.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    As a lot of people have said already, I can't imagine it being a very difficult process especially if you go in person. I would definitely suggest that you go with one of the bigger banks out there such as Bank of America or USBank. The reason for that is that they have usually streamlined the process. It is also much easier to find one anywhere you will go.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I used to consider to bank with a big bank because it's better for me to go to the main branch, which is not far away from where I live. However, I switched to a credit union a few years ago because the customer service was way better than the big bank, plus it was very easy to sign up. I just sign up online, then I was able to receive the debit card in less than two weeks. The good thing about credit union is that I don't have to maintain a minimum amount on the checking account, plus I have a free saving account in which I can transfer money between the two accounts simply by going online. The sign up was so much easier with my credit union, which was simple and straightforward.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It's in between really. It's not necessarily hard, nor is it easy, it just takes a fair amount of time.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I haven't had a problem, but I just went to the same bank that I had my personal account in. It was fairly easy setting up my business account. It might be harder going to a bigger bank that you haven't built a rapport with.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It's easy setting up a bank account as a savings account. But for checking account, you have to prove them that you are financially capable to be responsible to handle it so you won't get overdraft. And for business accounts, I have not really tried that one yet. I think that could be a pain in the butt for some reason because banks could be like that for the most part.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Just go to a bank in your community! That way you can chat face to face with someone who knows what their talking about and you can easily explain your situation to them! They have definitely dealt with many business owners before and will be able to help you get the right bank account for your personal needs! This should be very easy for them to do!!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Well at times when trying to open a company account, it seem difficult initially but not to worry, they will be able to sort that out. They take time for security reasons.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    These are banksters remember; they need you to jump through all their hoops to satisfy themselves but yet try and hold the banks to account for the mess they make and nothing i said. Just how the world works I'm sad to say. I work on the basis of setting up two accounts, one each at two different banks. Play them off eachother and use the power you have to make them work for you.

After all, YOU are their customer.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    In such situations, here is what we do here in India - open up a bank account in the name of your organization (this is the difficult part as there are tonnes of documentations and legal procedures that need to be taken care of). Once the account is ready, link it up to a Paypal Account and other such 3rd party money handlers. And finally, link up all of these 3rd party accounts to the Bank Account. This way, it makes it easy for the functioning of the organization and also, saves time when filing taxes and other such legalities.

Share on facebook