Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone Using LinkedIn for their business?
    I know that the topic of Facebook has been discussed here numerous times but what about LinkedIn? Are you using it for your business?

Personally, I don't like it so I don't use it as much as I use Facebook. Nevertheless, I think that anyone who's serious about their business should at least have an account there. I am shocked to see this site overlooked so many times. What's your thoughts on it?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I believe you have to at least have a linkedin account. You need to have a presence everywhere possible. And I agree, it is not my favorite site, either. I think of it as an 'overflow' site for my promotions. It think it serves a purpose.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think LinkedIn is a must have. Its basically facebook for companies, its not perfect and has its flaws but not using it is missing on alot of opportunities!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I think LinkedIn is a must have. Its basically facebook for companies, its not perfect and has its flaws but not using it is missing on alot of opportunities!
    have to agree with this. It doesn't bring a ton of business but even a few connections that turn into a stream of income is better than not doing it at all.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have it and used to use it frequently. I kind of forgot about it actually until I noticed some people add me. I should get back into it and see whats up again. I know its a great tool. But I am at an odd age where anyone that I can possibly "link with" is a good 10 years older then me. Alot of people close to my age haven't been using it religiously.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I've looked into it, but just like you, I didn't like the website personally, I prefer Facebook much more then it.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    When I worked as an insurance agent, I used LinkedIn to get most of my clients. I was targeting professionals and LinkedIn was perfect. I joined networking groups and participated. Many people are unsure about insurance, but are intimated to talk to an insurance agent face to face. I was very helpful and answered a lot of questions. I even did a little soft promotions of my free talks about various types of insurance.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    TaraC I think that LinkedIn is perfect for things like what you were doing. People say that I should be glad that I have a LinkedIn account but in the few years that I've had 1, I haven't had it provide me with any benefit. That's sad but maybe I'm just in the wrong sector where this social media form simply won't work for me.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It depends on whether or not LinkedIN is where your customers hang out at.

There are many groups there that can drive traffic to your site if you are an active participant (similar to a forum).

I have also advertised on LinkedIN before. At the time, the minimum per click was around $2. The benefit is that people give SOOOO much info to linkedin.. like their title, the size of their company, etc. So you can really narrow down your target market.

Rick

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I have been told that Linked In is the place to find connections and clients but to me it is another place to go to take up more of your time. I get request to be part of groups but so far I have not replied to any. Facebook is also another place to take up more time. Trying to stay connected is almost a job in it self.

Share on facebook