Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blogging and Full Time Income
    Ok so everyone says Blogging is an amazing source of income! I have just started a blog this month!

Can anyone tell me the best way to earn income from the blog and what is needed to be done to get it started and earning an income?

Any pointers greatly appreciated! I am not in my comfort zone here and I may be way off base, just thought I would give it a try!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, the first thing you should do is get your name around. Find ways to get people to visit and see your blog. It may involve joining websites and posting about it, or creating YouTube videos and sharing it there. Trying to let others know about it is key.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hi tspires2
    I think the advice from Jim is right on time. The best way is to make sure you provide high quality text content that the recipient can trust. Then follow the instructions provided by Jim. I am in the same process of jump starting my own blogging business too. I blogged for others for years and received almost nothing for my work while I made their pockets pretty hefty. You can check out one of my independent blogs. Its a slow and painful process to be out on your own but it will pay for itself in the long run. Be patient.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    The most important part is finding something your knowledgeable and passionate about. It may take years to grow a following. If you don't like the subject or don't write information that is unique and desirable, you'll probably just give up! The second part is having a large amount of social contacts online to spread the word about your website. Once that chain starts, it can really take off.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have a website too! Well, actually I have 3. But I haven't earned anything from them yet. Haha. It would sound awkward for me to provide advice here because I haven't earned but here's what I have read from my research:
    -Your blog should have a lot of traffic (find a way on how to entice people to go to your site - SEO, advertising, etc.)
    -Get a Google Adsense account and put ads on your blog/site
    -Join different affiliate marketing programs
    -Sell your own stuff
    -Promote your own referral links

Hope that helps.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Some people have huge successes with blogs. I find it hard to get followers. You really have to put your name out there.
    People like giveaways too. If you offer a monthly giveaway people might come back.
    Find something that gets people to keep coming and who will also refer friends to your blog.
    Good luck!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Wow Thank you all for the updates! I am not quite sure this is what I need to be doing but I do enjoy it! Also I have a hard time finding just a certain niche, I find myself adding categories daily! I don't have any accounts as Google AdSense or anything like that so far. I really am just getting started I think I have had about 100 views total! I will adjust and take the advise above and then maybe I will post the link for more advise if you guys don't mind! Thank you so very much for everything!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Google adsense is a way to start, but first of all you have to establish your blog. It took me forever to be able to be established enough to be passed by google to qualify for an adsense account. You have to have many posts, good quality, and they have to be able to I guess you could say, detect a common theme. So definitely start out by finding something interesting and consistent to blog about. But the key is to getting your name out there. For myself, I used to join many forums such as this and have my link in my signature, I did gain some traffic by posting on other ones.. But I wouldn't count on full time income for a while, the start up takes a bit long.

mine is cohalhealthandwellness.blogspot.com and icankindacook.blogspot.com..

both are in the works, I kind of quit on the cooking one but may get back to it.. good luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Just make sure you post new and good content on a regular basis. When your visitors return because you have something new and interesting every day, then you're ready to implement some ads. Use Google AdSense/AdWords to put ads on your blog and just wait.

Keep in mind that you won't make any money if you just let is sit like that and don't do anything on the blog anymore. You need to be active and post a lot of blogposts. Try to determine what your audience would like to read.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    You have to find a niche wherein people will click on your blog because it interests them. Find a favorite topic to you and maybe to other people and use it to entice readers to click on your site. The more interesting the story or the topic you choose, the more people will find your blog and read the content which is placed in it. You also have to consider every word you type as this can be detrimental to the amount of views your blog will receive.

Share on facebook