Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
How to interview?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to interview?
    Hey guys, how do you interview new employees ? Share your tips, tricks and advice here! I am pretty inexperience with this so I would love to hear some comments!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I never interview in a structured way. Of course, you will go through the basics like finding out about the education and previous work experience. As much as possible, however, I make sure that I focus on the candidate and have a discussion instead of an interview. I treat it as a conversation, the same way that I would converse with someone that I care for. This way, I get to know more about the candidate and if he or she is suitable for the role. I also make sure that I have a friendly relationship with candidates. If they don't get shortlisted, I tell them honestly and give them improvement points.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    The interview style you should have is a casual one. Everyone is prepares for canned questions, and those questions are robotic to begin with. Give them a curveball question and their real personality will come through.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    You should find out first and foremost the skills that the interviewee could offer. Depending on your business you must have a criteria and a chart of skills that is required in order for a prospect interviewee to pass. You should also look into the work ethic of the person, If she or he is willing to learn and is a humble employee then that's a good sign of a good and hardworking employee. For me the belief system is the most important and the attitude which is why I look for Christians who fear God and have respect for their fellow human beings. Work on these tips and you'll never go wrong.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You always need to be sure that the candidate has the skills, experience, motivation and energy required for the job you're trying to fill, so you do need to get him or her to convince you that these are all in place. Depending on your interviewing style and the impression you want to give the candidate about the company and about you as a potential boss, you can make this a structured interview where you ask direct questions, and perhaps get the candidate to give examples of how he would deal with a situation, for example, or you can make it more casual and conversational.

If you favor the more formal, structured approach, there are many examples of interview questions to be found via Google. If you want to be more casual, you might treat your meeting as more of a conversation between (near-) equals who have both been in the industry for a while and know what they're doing. In other words, in my experience at least, an informal interview tends to work best with mid to senior-level candidates where skills and experience are well documented, and for whom personality fit in your organization can be a major factor.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think obviously the first thing to go through would be the basics, as an above poster said such as finding out about education and recent employment. But after that I think it's pretty much a case-by-case basis. Every employee will be different and so it's important to interview them in different ways.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think the best thing for me would be to mix up the casual and structured parts. That way I can throw them off a little bit but also see how good they are at preparing for questions they know I will ask!
    How do you guys see who is motivated and will do the work vs those who are just faking to be employed?

Thanks for the replies too!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Ask them questions such as things about their life, how they would handle certain situations if placed in them, and find out their past, such as education and criminal charges.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Be prepared, read their resume, write down things that look strange or interesting and try to find some more information about the person online.
    It might not be that ethical but I always Google the name of the person I'm going to interview. Just to get an idea of what kind of person he/she is and also because in my field of business, having somewhat of a decent online presence is helpful.

A lot of people have already told a lot of valid things to ask. I would also ask "If I google you, what would I find?" and see what he/she answers. This way you can get a feel of how honest people are.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by delusional View Post
    Be prepared, read their resume, write down things that look strange or interesting and try to find some more information about the person online.
    It might not be that ethical but I always Google the name of the person I'm going to interview. Just to get an idea of what kind of person he/she is and also because in my field of business, having somewhat of a decent online presence is helpful.

A lot of people have already told a lot of valid things to ask. I would also ask "If I google you, what would I find?" and see what he/she answers. This way you can get a feel of how honest people are.
    Ohhhh that one is good it gave me a chuckle
    Thanks for the tips guys Ill write these down! If you have any more advice, write it down!

Share on facebook