Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Referrals??? Are they worth it?
    I work from home and have tons of sources of income. Are referrals really worth the time and effort it takes to get them started and beg them to work?

I know that sounds really mean and I don't want it too but that is my experience with all referrals. I tend to sign some one up and they do nothing. I find myself emailing and messaging them so much that I seem to be costing myself money rather than making money from referrals!

What am I doing so wrong on the referral outlet?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Referrals are a gamble no matter what program you're getting them for. I think most of the time they won't even come close to doing the work that you might expect them to do. You might feel that after a while that getting referrals are waste of time, but don't give up. Just think that you're someone's referral too and look at all the work that you do and how dedicated you probably are. Sooner or later you'll get people under you that will want to earn money just like you!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Aggressive marketing always has that backlash. The referral may question your motives and upon learning you want to make some dough off him, he may sign up independently for the program using a different username.

The best way to go about getting referrals is do your promotion in a subtle manner. Write an article about a money-making site and include your referral link in the article. If someone interested signs up after reading your article, you may have got yourself an active referral without having to follow up with e-mails, instant messages, etc., asking them to work [because it's for their own benefit!]

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    Referrals are a gamble no matter what program you're getting them for. I think most of the time they won't even come close to doing the work that you might expect them to do. You might feel that after a while that getting referrals are waste of time, but don't give up. Just think that you're someone's referral too and look at all the work that you do and how dedicated you probably are. Sooner or later you'll get people under you that will want to earn money just like you!
    I agree. A lot of people just sign up and then don't do anything.
    Some just wanted to see what it was all about. Some don't like to invest the time and just wanted to get rich fast.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Referrals are always hard to follow up. Unless they are personally motivated to do the task, whatever it is, then they would do little to no work at all. If you can get people to be your referrer with no force and that they do it willingly then I believe you do not have to constantly follow up with them as compared to when you force somebody to join something and be their referrer.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I thing you should improve your targeting (the places where you advertise the referral link) + you can also provide tutorials or some kind of product (refback) to your referrals so they know what they can do and can imagine profit they can make.. (sry for my bad English)

Share on facebook

I provide website hosting, server help, cheap website setup, paid forum posting etc. contact me pls

7. Collapse Details
    Of they actually work it's worth it... But apt of people are kind of lazy so it's hard to say.. I've had to keep on them before

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    To show you are honest, I generally provide a referral link and a non-referral link to prospects. I then go on to give them unique advice about the service I am trying to refer them to that they couldn't find even by searching every square inch of Google. Tell them if they enjoyed the read, to please use your referral link when signing up for the service. Remember, honesty is what has allowed business to take place since the beginning of it. Never tell them it's a get-rich-quick scheme or anything similar. Be real, and the gems who work hard will appear eventually.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Aggressive marketing always has that backlash. The referral may question your motives and upon learning you want to make some dough off him, he may sign up independently for the program using a different username.

The best way to go about getting referrals is do your promotion in a subtle manner. Write an article about a money-making site and include your referral link in the article. If someone interested signs up after reading your article, you may have got yourself an active referral without having to follow up with e-mails, instant messages, etc., asking them to work [because it's for their own benefit!]
    I completely agree with you. Don't push it on anyone. It is true I was referred to many sites through articles and I did sign up under their name. I was generally interested in the tasks and so made the effort to do it everyday (and i'm still doing it). Once you get motivated referrals, it is so worth it!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Referals are a gamble. I used to have an account at a pay per click website and decided to give it a try by buying some referals. My expectations were high, the results were much more disappointing. My point: don't trust other people you haven't even met to do your work, for you.

Share on facebook