Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do You Use Google+ ?
    I've come to like Google+. I can't really put my finger on it, but it has a very different atmosphere to Facebook's. Of course, they share pretty much the same type of circulating content, yet still there is a very notable difference - at least to me. I joined there initially to promote my blog, but now I use it for leisure as well, although, admittedly still not as much as FB and the other more "mainstream" sites.

Do any of our members here use Google+ as well? Would you agree with me that it has a unique atmosphere? If so, hopefully you can explain it better than I have. Anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it out yet, especially ones who are already using Blogger, Adsense, and/or Gmail already since you don't even have to sign up anymore.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I use Google+. I really think it is much better than Facebook but people are just too afraid to abandon Facebook. I also don't like to give up my Facebook account even though I maybe only post 1 thing each year.
    Every company on Google Maps now automatically has a Google+ page so I think this is where a lot of marketing will happen in the future.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Google+ is not cool at all. I think it is too formal and will go for Facebook at any time. Then the only thing I like about Google+ is only the Hangouts. Hangouts can be good for business. Well that is my opinion.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Google+ has gained a lot of popularity now. I feel that it will definitely help in order to increase the website traffic if used properly. It is quiet different than facebook and other social media sites but is definitely very interesting.

Share on facebook

Alison Agar

5. Collapse Details
    Google plus has a very calm and soothing interface that makes it attractive. Although the problem is the lack of accessibility, tools and things to click on that makes Facebook and other similar sites more popular. And also Google+ is relatively new compared to Facebook.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Google+ does have a good platform. That is one thing about Google that you can practically take for granted. The problem is that people don't really want to use it. It seems like the majority of people that use it only do so because Google makes you for certain things. For example making comments on Youtube. That whole side of it really seems like they are just trying to force it on people so that it becomes at least somewhat lucrative. I understand Google+, it just hasn't peaked my interest.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    We started using the hangouts for business meetings instead of Skype , I always found Skype very glitchy . I did notice that there has been a large increase in amount of content of ours being shared on google plus way more than facebook , almost as good as Linkden

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    G+ shares and posts get higher visibility in google searches as compared to facebook

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by midynamics View Post
    G+ shares and posts get higher visibility in google searches as compared to facebook
    Yes, Google always favors its own site in its search results - no surprise there!

One interesting thing about G+ is that you can use it as a way to rapidly build a targeted list to market to, by adding people to your circles and sending targeted messages to a particular circle. But you have to be careful not to spam anyone, in other words, make sure everyone in a particular circle really belongs there because of an interest, profession, skill etc. they have declared. It's also possible to opt out of receiving messages like this, but Google doesn't seem to publicize that very clearly.

I haven't tried Google Hangouts as a Skype alternative, but it's an interesting idea as yes, Skype can be glitchy quite often.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I don't use Google+, and I only have an account there because my YouTube and Google Play accounts require that. I was thinking about joining, but I have no need to do so. I already am well informed about the things I care about via Facebook and Twitter, so I don't need another info source. And my friends aren't using it either, and there's no point to use a social network if I'm going to be alone there, lol!

And Google's marketing annoys me, especially on YouTube. Google+ is everywhere on YouTube. Please leave it alone, Google.

Share on facebook

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

- Collin Powell