Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I would never use Google+. One reason is because I can't stand Google, they're trying to take over the internet. Another reason why I would never used it is because it generally sucks. It was just Google's lame attempt to take over social media but they were too late in the ball game. Facebook has and always be the king of social networking sites. Google+ is also taking everyone's YouTube accounts over.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't use Google+, which I don't think it does help to promote business because I think it is still new comparing to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I have given a try to use Google+ and it perhaps that many people don't know about it like Facebook does. I would think once people have tried it, it is just as good as other social medias. I haven't started to Use Google+, which I would consider it in the near future.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    Google plus has a very calm and soothing interface that makes it attractive. Although the problem is the lack of accessibility, tools and things to click on that makes Facebook and other similar sites more popular. And also Google+ is relatively new compared to Facebook.
    That's how I feel too. As of right now, a lot of people feel Google+ doesn't come close to offering all of the different stuff that Facebook currently does. A lot of people are wary of leaving Facebook since they're already comfortable with it. I feel Google+ doesn't do much for business in particular because not enough people are on it right now.
    In terms of personal use, not enough of my friends are on it so I haven't explored much of it though it seems pretty similar to Facebook in terms of the basics.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think the question is should you pass on the advertising you get by being on Google+. How much time will it cost you to keep your profile up to date? Honestly you can just copy and paste most of the posts you make on FB, why not use Google+? If you get a couple of customers here and there from it wouldn't it be worth it to have presence there? I guess it all depends on the business you run, but I still think you should take every chance you have to put your name out there.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrix View Post
    I don't use Google+, and I only have an account there because my YouTube and Google Play accounts require that. I was thinking about joining, but I have no need to do so. I already am well informed about the things I care about via Facebook and Twitter, so I don't need another info source. And my friends aren't using it either, and there's no point to use a social network if I'm going to be alone there, lol!

And Google's marketing annoys me, especially on YouTube. Google+ is everywhere on YouTube. Please leave it alone, Google.
    The thing about social network sites is exactly what Thrix says..... at this point the place to be is Facebook, like it or not. Twitter had a good chance, but it had a different approach. There are tons of social networking sites out there, unless people are there it's pointless. At this point of time, it is about the numbers. The only way another social networking site is going to get bigger then Facebook, twitter or YouTube is to come out with something completely innovative and will probably be bought out or have to team up with one of the ones already running. Google... Google is a search engine wanna be everything else company and maybe they will be with the help of one of the prior mentioned. Now if your looking for a niche social site, then ya go and create it over in Google+. There are so many of those too tho, for dating(eharmony), for Business(LinkedIn) and bands(reverberation)..... so ya come up with something to tie all those! Good thread!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I don't also really liked that site. At first it was cool but then not a lot of people are actually active there so there's like not a need for you to be a part of it as well. I don't like the features. Facebook is still ruling when it comes to this.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrix View Post
    And Google's marketing annoys me, especially on YouTube. Google+ is everywhere on YouTube. Please leave it alone, Google.
    I have to admit I really love the amount of traffic we get from youtube and our clients really like it too once get rid of the fear of video. But Google did drive me made when they changed youtube at first , now I see an massive increase in our video views and video video retention and ultimately to our lead capture page , I think the merge of G+ and Youtube has been positive on our end.

One think I would really like them to do is leave our G+ page design alone now I like the way it is now , god know I am sick of re-sizing and redesigning it

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I use Google+ and I enjoy it a lot. At first i was kind of annoyed with it, because I was not use to the format. But once I got use to it, I was able to get into a groove with it. I would put Google+ ahead of Facebook and Twitter right now.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KaplanTheThird View Post
    I think the question is should you pass on the advertising you get by being on Google+. How much time will it cost you to keep your profile up to date? Honestly you can just copy and paste most of the posts you make on FB, why not use Google+? If you get a couple of customers here and there from it wouldn't it be worth it to have presence there? I guess it all depends on the business you run, but I still think you should take every chance you have to put your name out there.
    You're absolutely right.

I haven't put much energy into Google+. There's a great chance I'm missing out on customers. That thought makes me sad. I didn't much work into it. I told myself that I didn't want to spread myself too thin on so many social networking sites, but Google+ is becoming more relevant.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I don't really use Google+, since I've always thought that Facebook is still the social media of choice for many people. However, after reading some of the posts here, I might just give it a second chance. After all, it is free, and I'm recently looking into promoting my products on YouTube, which is automatically connected to Google+.

Share on facebook