Thread: Business ideas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Business ideas
    Hi

I have been interested in starting an online business, I currently work however I have a lot of spare time.

The ideas I have come up with so far:

1. Web design
    I am pretty good at setting up websites, buying domains etc. Would be good idea as I do sit on a computer all day long anyway. Only problem is that there is a lot of competition, how would I make myself stand out? how would I gain business?

2. Service based website
    I have an idea for a service were people pay to advertise a specific product on my website, good idea as it requires minimal effort from myself however I have a direct competitor or two. Not sure how I would make myself stand out from the competitors and how I would gain customers.

3. Homemade natural body products
    I would be interested in creating my own body scrubs, packaging and selling them. The only issue is this is a over saturated market. How would I make my products different. I like the idea of Frank body scrubs, simple product however the marketing Is what makes it stand out.

These are the main ideas I can come up with, not sure how good they are, what does everyone think? Do you have any other ideas for me?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    These are all ideas are good but I think you choose that in which you have skill and experience about it. In this world all businesses are good but you have must sense to run it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    f you are good at something you can stream or make videos about it, game, cooking, tutorial, musics

Share on facebook

Last edited by chennie; 07-29-2016 at 04:03 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Maybe you can go with the 3rd one, if you do it good, you can earn a lot. For the first one, i think you can work as a freelancer.

Share on facebook

Last edited by designman; 09-17-2016 at 02:59 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    All of them are great ideas and I understand your frustrations, cause ideas are only "air" untill your take action on them.

I think that you should start a "web-company" where to set-up websites for local business'. Create a website for your business and keep your price lower than your competition (you need customers in the beginning, so keep the price low.)
    Create a blog on your website and share your blog posts on all the social media sites so you will get some extra attention. & of course, make some flyers and share them around in your city.

Go to "all" the local business' in your area and tell them what you can do for them. Most small local business' have shitty websites and if your'e services are "cheap" they are most likely going to try your service out.

It's all about getting attention

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    There is no right or better business. Just do your research first so that you understand how you can compete and stand out in the niche you're going into. Just pick the business that you have more desire for or like better, but make sure you're able to tap into this market effectively.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You can try to write blog. In this case, in addition to web design skill, you also need to develope your knowledge about a particular field (for example, you can share your knowledge about a game that you play). If your content is good enough and you can get enough attention from people, then you can create some money from it. For more information, you can try to learn how to develope your blog from this course: Yaro Starak - Blog Mastermind 2.0

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Well, these are the great business ideas. However, the important part is that in which business stream you really feel confident to start your dream business. After that, you can start any preferable business you want to start.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You could always flip the sites you make. If you have decent enough skills in web design then maybe you could start some sites up and sell them on, or build them up with a little traffic and flip them. People seem to be doing well from sites like Flippa, there's a lot of buyers out there for startup sites, blogs especially.

I'm sure there are more sites like Flippa, or forums like Digitalpoint to sell on.

Freelancing is also another way to go, but it's hard to get clients these days as it's highly competitive.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think Service based website is a pretty good idea

Share on facebook