Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you own a business just for the money?
    Obviously money is one of the key aspects as you need it, but do you own a business for any reasons besides monetary gain?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, I started my business because I've always had a passion for the creative arts. I think that's the biggest reason why I'm able to stay motivated, although there are certainly highs and lows.

At the same time, I'm a risk-taker, and building a business from scratch sounds like a pretty good challenge to me.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    To be successful in any business you should have, at least, some passion for what you're doing otherwise you'll get bored pretty fast and give up on your business. However, since the love of money is almost universal and I think the desire to have more of it would be a good incentive for anyone to stick in a business even if s/he doesn't like it.

When I do start a business, it definitely won't be just for the money.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Money is a big part of the "why" when someone starts a business. It can be the power that drives the business. Another aspect has to be the interest in the field of business. You can't become successful if you don't like what you are doing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    One of the reasons, but not the only one. Well I don't run a business, yet, but what motivates me towards starting my own, except money is

- being my own boss
    - being respected
    - settling my own work hours
    - sense of importance
    - doing what I love

Share on facebook

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

- Collin Powell

6. Collapse Details
    I'm still a student but I'm partners with my sister. We have a small business and we main started it so we could do something we like plus earn a few extra cash to support ourselves. Colleges now are so expensive and since we're doing pretty well I'm hoping to pay off my loan slowly and not have to worry a lot about it in the future.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes and No. We currently own a business for the purpose of making profit. But I am planning to establish a business for the purpose not only of money but since it is a passion of mine and it is what I do. I love gadgets and computers and I'm planning to establish a computer shop and store in the future since a lot of people nowadays are all in the hype of having new gadgets in their hands.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Almost 16+ years, I had been a computer trainer. I even opted out of being promoted just because if promoted, I would not be allowed to teach. So teaching is a kind of passion for me. When I fell ill in 2008 and was confined to the boundaries of the home, I continued to work as a website developer from home as a freelance, and also continued taking classes. Today, website development and consultancy is my business and I am trying to get my teaching site online so that I can find students easily, as today, the students here do not find much time to go beyond regular classes to private tutors.

What I mean to say is that my current business is not for money, as most of us here are aware that website development and that too freelance is not easy these days, given the tough competition and me from being a Non-Native English speaking guy. I am doing it out of passion and also earn some extra to help my family meet the medical expenses on me.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Well, money would be part of the factor I want to have my own business. Other factors would be that I'm able to learn all the things about business and the market, which I also don't have to think about losing my job because many people have gotten their hours cut or lay off because of the economy. Plus, I want to work in my own hours and my own pace, which I think having a business is a big advantage right there.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    To be successful in any business you should have, at least, some passion for what you're doing otherwise you'll get bored pretty fast and give up on your business. However, since the love of money is almost universal and I think the desire to have more of it would be a good incentive for anyone to stick in a business even if s/he doesn't like it.

When I do start a business, it definitely won't be just for the money.
    I agree, passion is the root of everything you do. You can't run a succesful business if you don't have passion in what you do! So i think I would never run a business just for the money :/

Share on facebook