Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Do you own a business just for the money? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Money has always been the motivation. If you are not making any money from the business then there is no need if still running the business. Although there might be loses on the way, making money is the top priority.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I agree that money is a part of it but not the most important part. I always dreamed of having my own business
    and being a successful boss. I have the passion to have my own successful business and be rich from doing it. But
    it hasn't happen yet.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    just for the money?
    Pretty much, yes. While there are a some folks that do something for a living they truly love, the fact of the matter is most of us do something we find somewhat interesting or at least tolerate well to keep the greenbacks flowing. I do the things I enjoy as part of family life, hobbies, or cultural things. I work, plan, and build upon businesses to make the money.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

4. Collapse Details
    I work for myself for the freedom AND the money. And the fact that I really enjoy what I do, which has never been true with any job that I had before.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think money is something which motivates pretty much everyone. Everything requires money (food, shelter, warmth etc.) and so it's understandable that money is a huge priority for most people.

However, I think that passion should definitely be present if you own a business, you should be looking to help people solve a problem. You're a provider.

Here is a famous quote by John D. Rockefeller - "If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it."

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I am in the process of starting my own business and it took me a long time to decide what I really want to do because I was scared to take risks and waste money. But I realized that money is not everything. I know that's cliche to say but it's the truth. Personally, I want to start something I am passionate with because that motivates me to actually do something with full determination. I want my business to be something that I love so I know I won't regret anything in the end. It's important to love what you're doing.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Money is definitely one reason, but that isn't my only motivation to run a business. I started a business so that I could be my own boss. I wanted to control my own time, make my own decisions and not have the responsibility to answer to a superior. Furthermore, having a business gives jobs to people in need, and at the same time, I get to help my family succeed as well. I guess it's just my passion to lead and be an entrepreneur.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by janineaa View Post
    Money is definitely one reason, but that isn't my only motivation to run a business. I started a business so that I could be my own boss. I wanted to control my own time, make my own decisions and not have the responsibility to answer to a superior. Furthermore, having a business gives jobs to people in need, and at the same time, I get to help my family succeed as well. I guess it's just my passion to lead and be an entrepreneur.
    You brought up a very interesting point, and I agree. I've forgotten that you could also pretty much make a good amount of money from being employed at some companies, but entrepreneurship offers something further than monetary gain which is to be the boss who has actual control over the profits to be gained. I personally thought the same but have forgotten this little tidbit along the way, so I appreciate you pointing it out and reminding me once again why I felt it to be better to be my own boss even if it entailed a bit more stress and uncertainty.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Money is great but yes, passion is the root. I would not get very far if I wasn't motivated to do the work I do. Money motivates, but not for long.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    No money isn't everything but it would be nice to make a lot of it. I have the passion and dire to
    own a successful business and be my own boss.

Share on facebook