Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
  1. Collapse Details
    I don't check it but check other strange things. For example, I can check zodiac compatibility on https://www.zodiacsigns-horoscope.co...compatibility/ I know that it is not a very credible source but astrology is often right. Moreover, this is not a decisive moment

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Well, we believe in physical interaction with interviewees. And any other source of getting information about him/her is not used.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think that its standard now to check Facebook posts.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    However, employers still need to follow other employment rules. Antidiscrimination laws. An employer who looks at an applicant's Facebook page or other social media posts could well learn information that it isn't entitled to have or consider during the hiring process. This can lead to illegal discrimination claims.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    Hello, I know checking someone's FB without his permission can be considered an invasion of privacy. However, I believe FB profile can represents the over all personality of anyone - do you or will you consider checking his FB page (with permission of course) as part of your recruitment process?
    If the "permission" mentioned here is with good faith and not a way to blackmail the worker for the job then I think it's a good approach, otherwise, I sincerely believe someone's FB account has got nothing to do with a job application, even if it's community management jobs!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I always look at the profile on social networks in order to generally understand what kind of person wants to work with me, BUT, I try to share personal and work, that is. the fact that a person does not write about missing kittens does not mean that he does not like animals and is rude. But, again, if a person uploads a lot of photos from different trips, he has a lot of comments under the photo and his stories and answers them, then most likely this is a rather sociable character and, for example, he may well approach work in sales or consultations
    That is, you can pay attention to the profile in the FB, but this is not a 100% indicator of professional qualities.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Other Legal Constraints on Employers. Antidiscrimination laws. A business who takes a gander at a candidate's Facebook page or other web-based social networking posts could well learn data that it isn't qualified for have or consider during the procuring procedure. Record verification laws. On furlough lead laws.

Share on facebook