Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I think it is wise to gather any data that a potential employee has made readily available to the public. This is information that everyone can access, and that potential clients might check to learn more about employees within your company. It's not too much to ask of your employees that they be a reasonable ambassador for your company even while off the clock. I think discretion is important, here, because you shouldn't make first impressions based on a Facebook profile. Profiles are not always an accurate depiction of a person's life---typically, they are an aggrandized version of what they want to project onto the world. Useful, but not accurate. It is only important that they won't make your company look unprofessional to prospective clients.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Never! To me that is a rude violation of the person's space and own life.. What does it have to do with me? He/she can be whoever he/she likes in her life. The only thing I care about is how that person works and does he bring results.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerWolf View Post
    Never! To me that is a rude violation of the person's space and own life.. What does it have to do with me? He/she can be whoever he/she likes in her life. The only thing I care about is how that person works and does he bring results.
    I dont agree with this. I think it has alot to do with you. From their FB account you can learn alot of things about a person which can help you in your evaluation. Its not fair but its what you have to do!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I got a friend who got fired because he said something nasty about his boss on facebook. He didn't actually check who is on his friends' list I guess. Which is why I think it's important to minimize and mention nothing about your job, company, or boss at all to ensure safety.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CeliVega View Post
    I got a friend who got fired because he said something nasty about his boss on facebook. He didn't actually check who is on his friends' list I guess. Which is why I think it's important to minimize and mention nothing about your job, company, or boss at all to ensure safety.
    I think the best thing is simply not to share your FB info with anybody on your jobs. Nobody needs to know you have it if you want to have privacy.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, I would check their FB profile. It wouldn't be a big issue though, I would be completely fine with an employee who likes to have a couple of drinks as long as it doesn't have any effect on his work performance. But I would still do it, it's one form of research and shouldn't be disregarded.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I do not really do that. I will feel like that would be going too far in terms of invading that person's privacy. I always do a background check on every employee that i am looking to hire and that is good enough for me.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerWolf View Post
    Correct. I do not care what a person does on Social Media as long as what they do is not going to compromise their work for me or the image of my business in a negative way.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Correct. I do not care what a person does on Social Media as long as what they do is not going to compromise their work for me or the image of my business in a negative way.
    Thats the thing, you can generally get a feel for the person through their FB. If i see alot of drama, stupidity and irresponsibility, how can I expect anythign different on the job ?

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think it's a good idea to check out someone's Facebook when considering them for a hire. I don't believe it's an invasion of privacy, especially if their page is not set on private. Facebook is not a personal diary, it's a page open to the public and people should know that when your post anything on the internet it is open to the world. Taking a peek into someone's life away from the prepared interview may give you a good idea what they are really like and help you decide if they are the kind of person you want working at your business. I have heard banks and loan agencies are even checking into Facebook as part of the credit checking process! Facebook is the new background check, so I agree be careful what you post! It could be the difference between getting a job and not.

Share on facebook