Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to market software for small businesses?
    Hello everyone. I'm a web developer and I've just finished developing a web application for small businesses to manage their customers. It's something that would be installed on their business website.

The only problem is that I don't know a lot about marketing. Any advice on how I should go about marking this software? The target audience would be small, local shops that need to manage their customer base. The software contains unqiue functionality that makes it better than Quickbooks or something similar.

Thoughts?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    plz visit sinbadcity

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I dunno what platform your software runs, but create a free version, deploy into repositories (Google Play, Wordpress plugin - really do not know your platform, but there are a lot of them). Find useful Name, keywords and tags for your product to make it found.
    Beyond this try to make alliances: find those providers, who have access to your target and offer help to improve their business this way...

Share on facebook

RCN Business Consulting: RCN Europe, RCN Americas, RCN Asia-Pacific. Small business and Startup consulting.

4. Collapse Details
    Business software can be marketed through getting 'reviews' from, free trials with small # of business owners, and maybe allow a blogger to test and review your product. One obvious question regarding having it available on a biz website, is this program near 100% hack proof? no business owner wants to risk 'publicizing' their customer info. Lastly, there's low cost advertising such as Facebook business groups, Ezines also run 'classified ads', a search online may help you find 'free' advertising coupons or low cost ones.

Share on facebook

Costs of a Virtual EA can prove cost effective, visit Virtual Writing Desk

5. Collapse Details
    Make a website of the software and do SEO of it and if your budget allows then there are many other online marketing methods that can make your software boom.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    HubSpot is designed to support businesses in their marketing efforts, consolidating their various activities into one central dashboard. One of the best features of HubSpot, however, is its training resources. Professionals can take courses and even get certified in various marketing skills through the site. The end result will be that you'll be able to craft a marketing strategy like you're a pro.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    you should go through digital marketing, right this is great way to bring the brand awareness.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    2 options:
    1) Create FREE version and distribute it (walk into the shops or cold call to offer something free to them), then they can choose to upgrade (paid plan) later
    2) Provide FULL version and giving it out for FREE, but limit to one user/license use. If creating an user/account will not lead to extra cost to you, then this can be a better way. Same as above, make an appointment and demo it to them. When they expand their business, they need more licenses. Even if they only need a single license at the moment, but it will at least prevent them from going to your competitors. Free thing usually drives more word of mouth marketing, "Hey buddy, I got this fully functional software for free, can you believe it?! Don't you want to try it? it is great, i am using it now!"

Share on facebook

Tuah Bao
    Free Web Hosting for Life (peoplewebhost.com)
    Advertise your affiliate program for Free! (peopleaffiliate.com)
    Free Ebook (Click here)

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBrace View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm a web developer and I've just finished developing a web application for small businesses to manage their customers. It's something that would be installed on their business website.

The only problem is that I don't know a lot about marketing. Any advice on how I should go about marking this software? The target audience would be small, local shops that need to manage their customer base. The software contains unqiue functionality that makes it better than Quickbooks or something similar.

Thoughts?
    Few tips for you
    1. Run Ad Campaign
    2. Create Social Media Page
    3. Post about your business product in all social media sites
    4. Make sure don't push to anyone use your App. Just give your App knowledge.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Everyone...................!
    CRM
    Documents tool
    Inventory and order management software
    Invoicing software
    Survey tool
    Personalized video creation and analytics app
    LinkedIn Premium
    Meetings app
    Email management tool